How do you deal with depression?

Options
2»

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all. I really don't think I need meds, as it's just mild depression, but I'm not totally against them if it gets that bad. The depression isn't related to how far I have yet to go on my weight loss, either...it's mostly marital problems, to be honest...but we don't really have the money to go to any sort of counseling or pay for happy pills for me, so any natural, inexpensive solutions are much appreciated.

:flowerforyou: Oh, OK! Well come over here where I can reach you... No. Closer. That's it!! *HUG *SLAP *HUG... Now get on with it...:flowerforyou:
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    The 'Celebrations and Challenges' group I mentioned was a lifesaver for all 4 of us that are involved. Even if it's just you and 2 others, you'll find that forming such a group is very helpful. And it's free--we usually met for tea or coffee. Each person shared one celebration and one challenge per month and we put our head's together to help. I can't say enough good things about forming a group similar to this--for anyone on MFP.

There's so much you can do that is healthy and free (and that does not involve meds). Medication has its place--and for some of us (myself included) it's a must and just part of the larger pie of being healthy and staying balanced. For you though, I suggest Celebrations and Challenges. :)
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    been there!
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I run! I know it sucks to get up and get going when life gets tough, but once your out walking or running- I always see things more clear! Good luck and friend me if you need someone to talk to one on one!! :)