Recipe ideas for a sick person?? LOL

Options
katyk08
katyk08 Posts: 302
Im feelin awful- severe sore throat and cant hardly stand to swallow. I cant taste anything either. I probably will take a day off of exercise today- my last rest day was Saturday. Does anyone have any recipes or suggestions for something healthy-ish and soothing?? I would prefer liquids - cold or hot! Im going to the store in a bit. I thought about picking up some of those atkins advantage protein drinks - what do you guys think? I have a small appetite, so I dont want to just not eat and my body go into starvation mode. I would like some chicken soup but I dont want to deal with all the sodium and feel dehydrated and bloated...So any suggestions or ideas I would appreciate!!

Thanks!!
:heart: :flowerforyou:

77669.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Im feelin awful- severe sore throat and cant hardly stand to swallow. I cant taste anything either. I probably will take a day off of exercise today- my last rest day was Saturday. Does anyone have any recipes or suggestions for something healthy-ish and soothing?? I would prefer liquids - cold or hot! Im going to the store in a bit. I thought about picking up some of those atkins advantage protein drinks - what do you guys think? I have a small appetite, so I dont want to just not eat and my body go into starvation mode. I would like some chicken soup but I dont want to deal with all the sodium and feel dehydrated and bloated...So any suggestions or ideas I would appreciate!!

Thanks!!
    :heart: :flowerforyou:

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Awe...I'm so sorry you're sick.:flowerforyou: I hope you feel better soon. For food...hmmmm....there is low sodium soup. Or maybe some...and this is so weird...but babyfood. The fruit ones are yummy and are good for you! You could also make yourself a smoothie. Just a few ideas.

I wish you well hun!:flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Homemade chicken soup
  • EllaBella
    EllaBella Posts: 140
    Options
    I like to drink hot tea. I also like hot rice with milk and sugar and cinnamon--comfort food. Bananas and applesauce are soft and soothing too. Hope you feel better soon:smile:
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    My friends doctor always tells her to eat SPICY food! Salsa, peppers, etc. He won't even prescribe her medicine and she usually does kick it. You can grab a tomato soup or something and then add some jalapeno's for a kick and maybe that will help.