Curious. Anyone follow SELF Magazine regime?

Options
I love, love, love Fitness, Shape, and Self magazines. I've been a subscriber for a few years now. I really like a lot of their work out ideas, food recipes, and articles. One thing I was thinking about trying is the SELF "plan". They always have a new 4 - 8 week plan in their magazine (dedicated to lose 5-10 in that time frame). Most of the recipes seem easy to make and things that I like to eat. And the works outs seem pretty decent. I was curious if anyone outside the magazine testimonials had success?

Replies

• Clonekuh
    Clonekuh Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just took out a subscription with intentions of trying one of their regimes out, but alas, have not started yet.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    When I first started trying to lose my baby weight, I did one of the Self plans, following it faithfully. I lost 10 lbs in about 6 weeks. I still use some of the recipies, they were awesome. (I'm now below my pre-baby weight, and trying to see if I can lose 5 more pounds to get to my law school weight.) There was a corn/veggie/black bean recipe and a stuffed acorn squash recipe that were so good!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I subscribe to self and I've tried some of their recipes. I tried the pizza pitas from the new plan. They were really tasty and a nice change. I signed up for the challenge on their site but it didn't seem very user friendly to me. I gave up looking into it after a few minutes.. I like logging my food here. I still love their articles! I really like Women's health and fitness magazine too but I'm not a subscriber. They're really motivating to read
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    I tried the Self site too. I think MFP is way better and I'd never leave. LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!