3 pounds a week for the next two months..

Options
2»

Replies

• BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I've been trying to lose 2lbs a week through diet/cardio, and I haven't been successful. However, I recently started doing the Insanity workout (the cardio verision of P90x) and if you're able to do it at full intensity, you can burn up to 1000 calories in an hour. It's healthier to eat at least your 1200 calories/day and just workout harder. Insanity is a ridiculously intense workout - it'll definitely help you get to your goal sooner rather than later! Good luck!!

with both of those programs the minimum you should eat is 1800 calories. Look at the diet guide that came with them.

Insanity's nutrition plan calculations put me at 1700 calories a day to lose weight.
  • FuerImmerStark
    Options
    I've been trying to lose 2lbs a week through diet/cardio, and I haven't been successful. However, I recently started doing the Insanity workout (the cardio verision of P90x) and if you're able to do it at full intensity, you can burn up to 1000 calories in an hour. It's healthier to eat at least your 1200 calories/day and just workout harder. Insanity is a ridiculously intense workout - it'll definitely help you get to your goal sooner rather than later! Good luck!!

with both of those programs the minimum you should eat is 1800 calories. Look at the diet guide that came with them.

Insanity's nutrition plan calculations put me at 1700 calories a day to lose weight.

how much does it have you burning?
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I have no idea, most people agree it is between 600-1000. I'm not that big of a person so I'm probably 500 max.
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I can't do Insanity at full intensity, so I give myself about 500-600 calories per workout....
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    why the 2 month deadline?
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Your query goes against the beliefs of most people posting. That should automatically cause you to rethink what you're doing. If you lose two pounds a week, you'll still look good by the big date. Some of y'all would give a loaded gun to a suicidal person.
  • biggiwig
    biggiwig Posts: 76
    Options
    Hey there, foreverstrong (lol), i doubt, that it is possible, but I wish you luck.
  • michellemaere
    Options
    Although I have not tried it yet, Insanity has done wonders for a few of my friends- they both lost an average of 4 lbs a week.
    If you can't do that - just try to keep your workouts different- do a few HIIT sessions a week - make sure you are lifting weights a couple times a week too. Tabata intervals are supposed to kick your *kitten*. So if you have the self-discipline and motivation to go as hard as possible in the gym you should be able to loose a few extra pounds for a few weeks. Two months is going to be tough. That is why a program like P90x or something progressive that will keep your body challenged will be your best bet.

Check out this website- it is full of tips on interval training, eating for weight loss, etc.
    http://www.notyouraveragefitnesstips.com/

Cutting back on carbs always helps too- I avoid eating starches during the week after lunch, or basically after my workout is over. I have noticed a difference in how I feel when my dinners have consisted of proteins and veggies. I feel lighter and less tired than when my dinner plates consisted of mostly pasta or starchy stuff.
  • KKOLB1
    KKOLB1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    After the initial first few weeks if you can lose it to start it'll taper off. healthy is no more than 2# a week.