Plyometric: Lower Body Workout

Options
Here is another short and sweet 20-25 minute heart pounder of a workout!
Two simple moves that are sure to get the heart rate up and make the legs burn. Perform the exercise in a circuit. One exercise after the other without a break. The first set perform 25 reps for all exercises, the second set perform 20 reps and the final set perform 15 reps.

25/20/15 Rep Scheme

Reverse lunge with power knee (Right Leg)
Reverse lunge with power knee (Left Leg)
Alternating Plyo Lunges

Not enough? Add a fourth set of 10 reps per exercise. Work the legs to failure.

Reverse lunge with power knee-
Lunge the right leg back. Then with momentum bring the right knee back, up and into the chest, as you push off the left foot into a simultaneous jump. Repeat as fast as you can getting depth into the lunges and height into the jumps. The higher you propel into the air, the higher you will get your heart rate, the higher the heart rate the more calories you are burning.

Alternating Plyo Lunges-
Lunge the right leg back. Propel into air as you switch into a left leg lunge. Repeat as fast as you can.

As always shoot me a message if you have questions! I am working on creating a "Video Blog", with demonstrations. Let me know if there are any workouts you would like to see me create a post for. I do take requests!

Replies

• ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options
    I want to try these!!! A video would be nice, just to see the proper way of doing them. I will google the names to see if I can find something! I am aiming to tone my whole body. Arms are really what I'd love to work on..I have been doing a routine from Jillian Micheals that takes about 20 minutes. Would love to see what you have in mind??