Proteins

Options
I always seem to be over by about 5-7g of Protien everyday. Any suggestions on how to lower this.....
Or.....is it fine the way it is.....does being over on my protiens but under in all other catagories hinder my weight loss?

Thanks everyone:flowerforyou:

Replies

• ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    Options
    I always seem to be over by about 5-7g of Protien everyday. Any suggestions on how to lower this.....
    Or.....is it fine the way it is.....does being over on my protiens but under in all other catagories hinder my weight loss?

Thanks everyone:flowerforyou:
  • Adele
    Adele Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Do you work out regularly? I'm not a doctor, but I was told by my trainer to eat 1 gram of protein per pound of my weight...so I am usually WAY over! I work out four times a week with weights so your body needs this protein to help repair the muscles...

Hope this helps!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Keep it as is! Good for you for getting a decent amount of protein in your diet - most people struggle with that. MFP's settings have the percentage for protein relatively low. I always increase mine because I believe it's only at 15% or 20%. So a few extra grams mean nothing!! Besides, it takes a lot of extra protein to cause any problems. I mean a LOT!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    It's not a problem at all. Protein is very important and you should be hitting the number every day. Going over the amount you are is fine. If you exceeded your body weight in grams of protein it might be a topic for concern.
  • ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    Options
    Awesome thanks guy's.
    MFP has my proteins set at 55 is that too low if I weight 179?
    Thank you all for your support and wisdom.