Calories in Mango

Options
Hello,

Does anyone know how many accurate calories there are in 1 whole mango fruit, not the one in a can, the actual fruit. I have been getting mixed messages from 130 cals to over 200 cals. Please help, I just want to input the correct calories. Is there any other websites that you use to obtain Varieties of accurate fruit calories...thanks in advance.

Replies

• pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    If you go down it is under fresh mango. It says it is 135 cals.
  • Alyosha22
    Alyosha22 Posts: 15
    Options
    Somewhere in the middle would be an accurate guess....and a guess is all you'll get without a food scale. Do you have one? If so, you can cut it up and weigh it & know accurately. Calculate 18 calories per ounce.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Which variety of Mango and size????
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i go strictly by weight of the edible part of the mango.. too much variation in sizes,.. even a larger or smaller pit can make a difference.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    You'll probably need to weigh it to get an accurate account. The most reliable sources of food are the ones without asteriks next to them, those are the ones that the MFP staff put in.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    It's going to depend on the size of the fruit. There are definitely a lot of sizes of mangoes available. One site I do like to use to look up calories is here: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1952/2 They have lots of details which you might find useful at times.
  • karencalleja
    karencalleja Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    hi - a fresh normal sized mango is about 135 kcal but probably weighing it is the best way to find out :)
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Try this site. its the USDA National Nutrient Database. I know it gives info about vitamins and stuff in foods, and carbohydrates and sugars, not 100% sure if it gives calories but worth a try.
  • lizalmp1234
    lizalmp1234 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Oh I didn't know that about the asterisk! Thanks:smile:
    You'll probably need to weigh it to get an accurate account. The most reliable sources of food are the ones without asteriks next to them, those are the ones that the MFP staff put in.
  • ejmcam
    Options
  • lizalmp1234
    lizalmp1234 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    ok I see, i don't have a scale for food, thanks everyone for the input
  • ejmcam
    Options
    oops just realized i forgot the link in teh first one....here it is

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/