which is better?

Options
To show your weightloss ticker with how much weight you have lost (ie I have lost 18 lbs)

OR

To show your weightloss ticker with how close you are to your goal weight (I have 20lb to go)?

Which motivates you more and why? :huh:

Replies

• SimplyDeLish
    Options
    I do mine with pounds lost - I want to celebrate my accomplishments, not worry about how much further I have to go!
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    For me, it's definately how much I have lost. Definately. Otherwise I'm like, "GEEZ! All this work and still have 55 pounds to go?!?!" As opposed to "Yay! All this work and I've lost 13 pounds!"
  • AFitasticYou
    Options
    I do mine with pounds lost - I want to celebrate my accomplishments, not worry about how much further I have to go!

THIS!!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    For me, it's definately how much I have lost. Definately. Otherwise I'm like, "GEEZ! All this work and still have 55 pounds to go?!?!" As opposed to "Yay! All this work and I've lost 13 pounds!"

My ticker would start counting down from 20 pounds and I think that would be encouraging to see the number to my goal shrink. But I wanted feedback to see what others thought. I know that when I started this journey I would not have wanted it to count down. Something about it being the final 20 makes me consider it :wink:

Thanks for the thoughts and more are welcome....