DO YOU WEIGH YOURSELF EVERYDAY

lizalmp1234
lizalmp1234 Posts: 311 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
What are the pros and cons, many say to weigh yourself only once a week like a weekly check-in, anyone have any input......do you weigh yourself daily?

Replies

• jerseygirlmaggie
    jerseygirlmaggie Posts: 165 Member
    I weigh everyday but only record on Tuesdays. Helps keep me accountable and I like to see my progress. You're going to see a variety of answers here. Just gotta do what works best for you.

Great job on your 14 lbs lost!
  • tlschlp
    tlschlp Posts: 54
    I weigh myself every morning (same time, same clothes) and measure myself once a week. I take into account the daily fluctuations in weight, and the measurements help me see changes even if my weight doesn't change.
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    I do weigh every day in the morning...I love knowing where I stand day to day. Then if my weight goes up, I try to be more strict with my calories/workouts the next day. The biggest con is that it is extremely FRUSTRATING, because weight can vary quite a bit from day to day depending on water retention.
  • I weigh myself every day but thats only becus I am doing HCG diet, and it is receommended you do. Otherwise i would only do it once a week
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    I weigh everyday, but only record once a week ish. It keeps me accountable and I don't mind the normal fluctuations.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    I weigh myself only when I feel like I have lost at least 10 lbs since the last time I weighed. When I started this process, I refused to become a slave to the scale, mostly because I have a muscular, athletic body type, so I have always weighed more than people expect when they look at me. I know that, for me, scale weight is not an accurate indicator of health or how satisfied I "should" be with my appearance. And it's working for me because I've lost 80 lbs in 15 months, with 20 lbs to go to get to my goal.
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    I weight everyday, and yes it is fusterating.. but I like to know what I'm doing wrong and right each day. If I "gain" 2 lbs one morning I knwo I had water retention.. had to much sodium.. or something.. I look at what I ate and try to never do that again! It's been helping for the most part.

I just started taking measurements.. but I plan on only doing that once a week.. I did the last one after 2 weeks.. because I forgot.. oops.

I weight naked.. because the scales is on level ground with no windows near.. and I try to weigh at the same time every day.. after I wake up and use the bathroom.
  • katdon88
    katdon88 Posts: 39 Member
    I weight myself every morning to keep me accountable. When I have gain weight in the past, I would put my head in the sand and not weigh myself because I knew it was going up but I didn't want confirmation. Now, if the scale goes the wrong way I get back on track immediately.:happy:
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Yes I do, I can't help it the scale is there next to the toilet lol I have to know. But I only record once a week.
  • mpdes
    mpdes Posts: 40
    Normally, people recommend to weigh yourself once a week (approx. same time of the day). For me, it makes me so much discouraged even with all the efforts I put in, so I don't weigh myself often but keep up the good work. I just feel depress everytime i'm on the scale and makes me want to quit!!!
  • lizalmp1234
    Thanks!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    I weigh every day, if not multiple times a day. I only really take the number each Friday seriously otherwise I would go crazy with how much it goes up and down all week depending on things I've eaten/drank.
  • I am a scale *kitten*. I weigh myself everyday, sometimes 2x's. For me, it helps keep me on track, keeps me in reality
  • lizalmp1234
    Wow it seems everyone usually weighs in everyday! I think I like most of the answers weighing daily but just record once a week....
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    My weigh in is on a Wednesday morning, when i wake up

somtimes i'll jump on on a Sunday afternoon but i try to hide my scales up - used to be on them multiple times a day - to a point where i was stressing coz id put on 200grammes in an hour!

If you are like me, and a worrier, defo weight less frequently and u'll notice the differences
  • JPRobocker
    JPRobocker Posts: 74 Member
    I weigh myself every day just to keep on track. I do it every morning wearing the same-ish clothes. This helps me stay on track. I only check in once a week though. Sometimes I think it would be more encouraging to not weigh myself for a week or two and step on the scale and see a loss of more than a pound, but weighing everyday encourages me to make healthy decisions. Today I weighted less than I have in many years. It was only by 0.2 pounds, but to see myself below 135 was the best feeling and will encourage me to stay on track today even though my weigh in date isn't till tomorrow.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    I weigh everyday, in the morning but only count thursdays weigh in.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    I weigh everyday and record whenever I see a drop:))
  • I weigh in daily but it's because I'm a nerd and I like graphs and trends and such lol
  • monky13grl
    monky13grl Posts: 55 Member
    I weigh myself daily, but to account for water retention and some cheat days, when I weigh myself, I guess what I will be on the scale. If it is below, great. If it is higher... I need to work harder. I only record once I have lost weight and try to set weekly goals. But at least when I guess I am checking my reality of how what I am doing impacts by body.
This discussion has been closed.