Using the site

Options
katt742
katt742 Posts: 196 Member
Hey all! I was wondering, why doesnt the site tell me how many calories I have burned when I do my strength training? Some days all I do is weight lifting and strength training and I know if burns a ton of calories! I feel a bit cheated that its not reflecting that in my diary.

Replies

• Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    Have you posted the exercise in the exercise diary? It has a place for cardio and strength. Feel free to friend me if you like. Hope your journey is successful.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    You can find strength training under cardio.
  • Thorneapple
    Thorneapple Posts: 154
    Options
    If you are using a HRM, you can create an exercise entry for yourself and enter the calories from the HRM. If not, there is a strength training entry under Cardio that you can use, then you can use the Strength section to track the different exercises you do.
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    adding it under the 'strength' category just logs what you've done for your records, but if you search for it under cardio you can get the calories logged from there!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Most folks burn significantly less during strength training, and for some reason MFP takes that as 0 calories burned.

If you'd like to gain these calories for your food log and eat them up (I love food rewards for exercise!) then log your strength training under cardio. :)
  • Rillobymornin
    Options
    Hey guys, I just signed up today. Wondering if someone can help me get my exercise diary set up. I've got the eliptical done, but two days a week, I use the weight training machines in the gym. Outside of the abdominal machine, I'm not sure what they're called, so am unable to set up. Is there anywhere in this site that helps to decipher which machines are which?