I have a question about feet!

Options
Hi Guys,

I'm really new to the site, and am loving it so far. I have a bit of a strange question though, for those of you who have lost weight. Have you lost weight from your feet?

Strange I know, but my feet are quite fat, and I'd love to set myself a goal of owning some lovely shoes (Jimmy Choos maybe?) when I've reached my weight loss goal.

Do you think this is a possible goal?

Thanks in advance x

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    haha,I just said the other day to my boyfriend "my feet look like they lost weight" I can see the bones on top more prominently now.
  • Sandikh
    Sandikh Posts: 116
    Options
    Absolutely....!
  • BeastieGirl
    Options
    Hi,
    I don't know about losing weight from your feet, but I'm sure you'll lose fluid retention, which may make them look a bit puffy.

Since I took up running (since given up as it just wasn't making me happy) and long distance walking (which I love!) my feet have changed in appearance, much leaner but, unfortunately, not very attractive with all that walking......more tough than elegant lol!

Good luck!
  • Cathy92
    Cathy92 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    yes you can lose weight from your feet and even wear a smaller shoe size. I hope to go down 1/2 size once I'm at my goal weight.
  • tananichelle
    tananichelle Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've lost 18 lbs so far, and I swear most of it has been in my feet! I actually fell at work 2 weeks ago, because the shoes I was wearing were too big. My shoe slung off my foot, and I tripped over it!

I promptly went out and bought myself a smaller pair, and just like buying new clothes, I've put a hiatus on buying new shoes at this point as well... At least until I get down closer to what I'm aiming for.
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    (I just had the most amusing image of someone trying to 'spot train' their feet for weight loss!)

I'd say (NOTE: I may not know what I am talking about!) that you will eventually shed fat from all over. There are places that will seem to slim faster than others, and parts that will be stubborn...(gar!) but persevere and I think you might see it happen. I cannot attest to this as my feet have rarely shown much, if any change with weight fluctuation.

Good luck!
  • Cathy92
    Cathy92 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    another similar question...can you lose weight from your neck? I started taking measurements and included a neck measurement which hasn't moved in 6 weeks! lol
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    I went down a shoe size, so I assume the answer would be HECK YES! Treat those feet with a great pair of shoes.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    My shoes are fitting looser and my last pair of running shoes was a half size smaller than usual.
  • Carol_s
    Carol_s Posts: 73
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I can hear those new shoes calling already!
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    another similar question...can you lose weight from your neck? I started taking measurements and included a neck measurement which hasn't moved in 6 weeks! lol

Yes! I've lost 2.5 inches from my neck over the last 3 months. Just keep on keeping on and everything in its own time will shed the inches as long as you keep doing the work and making healthy choices. G'luck!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I went from not being able to wear heels for more than 5 minutes and having really wide feet to the point where shoe shopping was painful (and weighing 215) to being able to wear normal width shoes a full size smaller than before! I used to be an 8 1/2, mainly for the width. Now I'm a 7 1/2, sometimes even a 7, and I own so many pairs of heels. I've found they are so much more comfy, especially with some foam tape inside the shoe at the heel so it doesn't rub. I wear heels almost daily at work now.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    You can lose fat content anywhere it resides on your body. So, absolutely you can lose weight in your feet/neck/hands/fingers/toes/miscellaneous/etc.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Yep, I think you do end up with smaller feet! Or at least, skinnier feet... :)
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    OMG Girl Jimmy Choos shoes are awesome ...pricey but awesome , Hope you can do this for yourself it would be a great reward !
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I can hear those new shoes calling already!

Me too girl! I've never been good on balance but since starting exercise and watching my balance improve, I may finally, after 26 years of life, get myself my first good spendy pair of high heels that aren't platform or wedges. LOL
  • Carol_s
    Options
    OMG Girl Jimmy Choos shoes are awesome ...pricey but awesome , Hope you can do this for yourself it would be a great reward !

I'd better start saving money and losing weight!
  • Carol_s
    Options
    Me too girl! I've never been good on balance but since starting exercise and watching my balance improve, I may finally, after 26 years of life, get myself my first good spendy pair of high heels that aren't platform or wedges. LOL

Good for you, enjoy shoe shopping!
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options

Yes Ive lost 2 inches in my neck!