Hello Everyone

ladyhawk
ladyhawk Posts: 101
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I am new to this forum and so far it has been an eye opener for me to actually see how much calories I consume on a daily basis. I have been trying to lose the weight but it seems like no matter how hard I work and how less I eat, the weight either increase or stays the same. What's up with that:explode:

Replies

• ladyhawk
    I am new to this forum and so far it has been an eye opener for me to actually see how much calories I consume on a daily basis. I have been trying to lose the weight but it seems like no matter how hard I work and how less I eat, the weight either increase or stays the same. What's up with that:explode:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Hi there and welcome! Isn't it great to see how much or too little we are eating? AMAZING EYE OPENER! You will love it here girlie! :flowerforyou:
  • ladyhawk
    I love your quotes. Congrats on the 23lbs weight loss. Gives me hope:happy:
  • monica5237
    monica5237 Posts: 450
    Hello and welcome. We are all here for the same reason and we will be here for you in all aspects just come here and vent if you need to. We will listen.

We may need your shoulder sometimes too!!!!

Good Luck to you!!!!
    Monica
  • ladyhawk
    Does the program automatically calculate your weight or is there a way to manually input your weight loss/gain. I did my weigh-in yesterday and found that I had gained 1lb but lost 3% body fat.
  • Rachael2179
    Rachael2179 Posts: 148 Member
    Hello and Welcome to MFP :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • honeybunchthree
    honeybunchthree Posts: 76 Member
    Hi and Welcome to MFP!
  • abby1949
    abby1949 Posts: 32
    Wellcome LadyHawk! I just joined last night and I am thrilled to be a part of this site. "Baby Steps" will get you there! I have noticed that everyone has lots of good advice which will help.
    Cheers!
    Lyn
  • DownSizin
    DownSizin Posts: 150
    Hi everyone. I'm a newby and can't wait to get started. Was doing Nutrisystem (lost 20 lbs). Now I'm trying to do it on my own. This looks like a great way to help me stay on track.
  • monica5237
    monica5237 Posts: 450
    Hi everyone. I'm a newby and can't wait to get started. Was doing Nutrisystem (lost 20 lbs). Now I'm trying to do it on my own. This looks like a great way to help me stay on track.

Yes this is a wonderful site, I am addicted to it, I guess it is better than being addicted to an adult site right lol:noway:
  • Hello Fellow dieters. I have been up and down on the scales most of my life. Unfortunately I am heading up right now after two years of maintaining a 40 pound weight loss. I am not near to the point I was before but I am looking for something new that might help me head it off at the pass so to speak. My biggest issue is a way toooo hectic lifestyle that lends itself way to much to eating out. I am a school teacher and will be heading back to work soon. That will help with the eating but will cut into the exercise time. I can tell by reading the blogs that people have found success here and I am looking forward to trying to make this a committment!
  • I want to add my welcome, Ladyhawk. We are the same age and I've found that to be a huge factor in how easily I seem to gain weight these days, and how slowly it seems to come off. I am so excited about this site because it is a wonderful team of totally supportive new friends! We'll take it slowly, but we can do this! I was shocked at how many sugars I eat daily (without any candy, cake, cookies, soda. . .) and this tracking really helps keep me honest with myself. I did my first weigh in today and lost 3 pounds. Now. . .I have decided that I NEVER want to see those three again and I am satisfied to lose it pound by pound. Best of luck!
  • I'm guessing you found the right place. 40 pounds is an amazing accomplishment and you really don't want to have to do it over! I am also an educator and I am trying to psyche myself up for actually getting myself out of bed at 5 AM to do my workout, because we both know that it simply won't get done "after work" (when is that anyway??????). Try to imagine yourself "bragging" in the teacher's room about how you do your workout in the AM. . . .everyone will be so impressed! Go for it! If you do, I will!
  • :embarassed: Oops. . .my last post was directed at Angie1964!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    :flowerforyou: Greetings ladyhawk! As the first Y chromosone carrier to say welcome, let me add a hug to keep ya going! This is a great place, and very supportive for all of us! Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.