I finally did it.... I posted a fat pic!!

Options
I think I know what my problem is. I don't think I'm fat. I look at myself in the mirror and say, hmmm, not too bad... a little bulge there, a little flab here, but I've had FOUR KIDS!!! I am darn fine for my age/motherhood etc etc. My husband thinks I'm hot. I've learned (I think) to dress for my body. and I usually look ok.... or do I? Because I see a PICTURE of myself and freak out. So what do I do? Well I don't have any pictures around that show anything but my face. I am literally hiding the evidence.

NO MORE!!!! :noway:

I'm putting these pictures everywhere. In fact, I am going to make my husband take some really revealing (no not like that) pictures that once and for all show me that I am 40 pounds overweight!!!! I AM GOING TO LEARN TO DEAL!!!!!! No more fudging my food diary, no more promising I'll work out "tomorrow". It's time to get serious. My poor daughter, she'll be 14 in a couple of weeks, almost fainted a couple days ago when she found out that I was her size (a whopping size 3 - juniors!) when her dad (my ex) and I got married 16 years ago. I think she looked at me and saw her future.... and didn't like it. Ouch.

Replies

• amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I think I know what my problem is. I don't think I'm fat. I look at myself in the mirror and say, hmmm, not too bad... a little bulge there, a little flab here, but I've had FOUR KIDS!!! I am darn fine for my age/motherhood etc etc. My husband thinks I'm hot. I've learned (I think) to dress for my body. and I usually look ok.... or do I? Because I see a PICTURE of myself and freak out. So what do I do? Well I don't have any pictures around that show anything but my face. I am literally hiding the evidence.

NO MORE!!!! :noway:

I'm putting these pictures everywhere. In fact, I am going to make my husband take some really revealing (no not like that) pictures that once and for all show me that I am 40 pounds overweight!!!! I AM GOING TO LEARN TO DEAL!!!!!! No more fudging my food diary, no more promising I'll work out "tomorrow". It's time to get serious. My poor daughter, she'll be 14 in a couple of weeks, almost fainted a couple days ago when she found out that I was her size (a whopping size 3 - juniors!) when her dad (my ex) and I got married 16 years ago. I think she looked at me and saw her future.... and didn't like it. Ouch.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Oh, Amy that almost made me cry. I don't think Kimmy thought that at all. I'm sure she thinks you're a beautiful mommy. And I know she loves you very much just the way you are. What does her dad look like now? Just curious. But anyway good for you! New gym memberships? I've been doing lousy recently myself. Together we'll do this. I'll still reach our first goal first. New outfit coming for me soon. :bigsmile:

:heart: Mom
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh you two...now I'm gonna cry!!!

you are both not Fat....you're beautiful women....and I think wanting to get healthy is great.....big hugs to the dynamic due momma and daughter team!!!

You're both beautiful now but wow when you're through w/ your goals....watch out world!!!

hugs!!!
    Ali :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hey girlie!!!

I see you have been posting around here already. But I don't know if I have said hello to you yet! Sooooooo....HI!

Lovely photo by the way!

I was in the same spot, and the same weight loss desire. It took me a looooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggg time to realize that my husband didn't take a fluffy bad photos of me...I was just fluffy! Every photo I crocked, cut, sliced and diced...I was fluffy.

The kicker...You'll love this. :tongue: We were on the beach taking photos. I sat on the edge of the sand near the water and turned to my hubby. I said something like, "Hey take a photo of me here with the sun setting. And don't make me look fat this time!" The look my husband got of shock and, 'Quick, grab my magic wand!' said it all. He wasn't being rude but I think the miracle I was asking, took him off guard.

I saw the photos we took and thought...WOW...and that wasn't a good "wow" either.

Anyway...I'm with you girlie...You can so do this!!!
  • amylynne26
    Options
    thanks Mom :smooched:

Ok, this is going to sound TERRIBLE.... but my ex has blossomed to a lovely 230 + pounds, and he's just under 6 feet. He always had a beer belly (loves him some budweiser) but time has not been his friend. Is it horrible to take some some pleasure from that???? :blushing:
  • amylynne26
    Options
    and thank you too ladies!! I just read the other responses. lol Princess your husband sounds like mine.... I complain to him all the time and he's like, "ok genius, what EXACTLY do you want ME to do about it????"

thank you..... thank you thank you thank you....
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh you two...now I'm gonna cry!!!

you are both not Fat....you're beautiful women....and I think wanting to get healthy is great.....big hugs to the dynamic due momma and daughter team!!!

You're both beautiful now but wow when you're through w/ your goals....watch out world!!!

hugs!!!
    Ali :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

See, that's why we love this lady. :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Koozy81
    Koozy81 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    this topic....I KNOW! I know that feeling up and down, Im getting ready in the mornings and thinke "eh, i just had a baby, alittle weight gain, but Im still smokin"....then I see a photo of myself and FREAK! I absolutely hate being in photos now, I dont have any of my recent self up in our house....seeing photos of myself feels like a punch in the gut.
  • AndreaMMil
    AndreaMMil Posts: 165
    Options
    ahhh... the opposite of anorexia: i think i'm thinner than i am. i've had that for years!
    but i thought you said you posted fat pics. i don't see any....
  • amylynne26
    Options
    awwww you guys are too sweet!!! I'm going to have to break out the "I didn't know you were taking that!" pictures so you get the full fat effect!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Seriously thanks for all the support....
  • vegasmellie
    vegasmellie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! People always talk about skinny people looking in the mirror and seeing fat. I'm the opposite! I don't think I'm skinny, mind you, but I certainly don't see reality, which is why I wanna die of shock when I see a pic of myself. It's like, why does the camera only add 20lbs to me? :noway:

Kudos to you for getting real! It's tough, but we can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting this journey... you are right, you are HOT as you are, but if you would feel better losing a few lbs, then go for it! I think we also look younger when we lose weight - I really noticed it in my hubby (but hard to see in oneself).

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    awwww you guys are too sweet!!! I'm going to have to break out the "I didn't know you were taking that!" pictures so you get the full fat effect!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Seriously thanks for all the support....

I was just looking at the beach photos from December...I'll post them in a few. OMG