Get a new life!

Options
Hi Heres my story so far:-
I had a car accident 20 years ago and did some serious damage to my kneck and back, prior to the accident I was a fit health sportsman- working out 4-6 times a week as well as playing some pretty competative physical sports. Then post injury life fell away, and now I have decided to take it back.
My employer runs a wellness scheme to try and help keep the team healthy, this involves genreal health tests including cholestorol and blood sugars.
As you can pobably imagine I was flagged up as a concern 246lbs, blood sugars 5.5 and cholestorol 5.64 - blood pressure off the scale.
This was mirrored with other members of the team - so a scheme called scale down was introduced at work 10 weeks ago - wh have had weigh ins every 2 weeks and nutrition, relaxation, and general wellness sessions
As a result I had changed my daily eating plans and habits - I'm not dieting,I have made he decision this is my new life as I have come to the conclusion that to diet means you will gain weight as soon as the diet is over, I changed my foods - I no longer eat bread as a core part of my food intake - instead i take oats,bran and grains instead
Breakfast is a cereal smoothie instead of toast and jam - add oats to a smoothie and you are not hungry for 4-5hours and then small food fills you right back up !
Lunch is a wrap - usually from "subway" no dressing or cheese and this sees me through to the end of the day
Evening meal is protein and carbs
Deserts are yoghourts, fruits or fruit toast( if i'm really hungry)

However in 10 weeks I trimmed off 10 lbs - then this week I chanced upon this site whilst looking for inspiration and I have to admit I am now focussed, motivated and empowered - I feel I have choices where food is concerned - I installed the app to my Blackberry so now if I am out and hungry I can punch in the food I like and decide if that leaves me room for the evening meal
I have been trying to excercise but lacked direction as to what is working and the impact it is having - however I can now see what the result is and I have to admit I am now inspired
I have created a 9 week excercise plan - I want to get back to running - which I used to do daily as well as my other sports, so this is now up and in place - it feels great, having found this site - I have been inspired by the stories I have read and now feel no shame in telling my own

Bring on my target - want to get down to 185lbs and below. :wink:

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    You are inspiring! You can do it.
  • emilylaura7
    Options
    You can totally do it! And we are here to help! :)
  • farmwife80
    farmwife80 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You are right, this site is the motivation most of us need and crave more than food. The tracking and results speak volumes and a click of the button brings you to first hand reports of how it is working in the lives of others. It's been the best thing I have found....in fact I have QUIT looking elsewhere because this site and the wonderful friends you meet here each day are the coolest ever. Welcome and good luck on your journey to a HEALTHIER YOU!!:bigsmile:
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    First of all I think it is awesome what your employer does for his team. Secondly, I really liked your comment about not being on a Diet by simply eating better to be continued as a life long goal. That will get you there. Throw in the exercises you mentioned and you are well on your way to achieve whatever you want. Often the first step is the hardest, but looks like you have your own younger self to look back on as a role model.