Can't eat eggs... Now what?

Options
So it's not an allergy or any medical reason, but I cannot eat eggs. The taste of them really really turns me off. Ive tried it all, scrambled, easy over, sunnyside, poached, tried them in sandwiches, with a quiche. I pick the eggs out of potato salad, etc. etc.

I know they are great for protein and an excellent start to the day. So what can i use as an alternative?

suggestions?

Thanks
WR

Replies

• lilcrittert
    lilcrittert Posts: 105
    Options
    I like Chobani yogurt. It has the most protein in a 6 oz serving of most yogurts on the market.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i have cottage cheese, low fat and low sodium, half a cup has 90 calories and 12 grams of protein :)
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    i have cottage cheese, low fat and low sodium, half a cup has 90 calories and 12 grams of protein :)

This right here. Buy the no fat version!
  • Jessaamine
    Jessaamine Posts: 111
    Options
    What are you trying to replace? Protein? There are still a million foods you can eat besides eggs. Meat, nuts, beans, dairy...
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Who says it has to be a " breakfast" food? Sometimes I just don't feel like eggs haha so I'll have chicken, turkey, or tilapia.
  • BandMom2
    BandMom2 Posts: 64
    Options
    I grab a protien bar alot of times, If I feel llike a treat I will have a carnation instant breakfast with a cup of fresh strawberries and a small banana,
  • MissKMN
    MissKMN Posts: 119
    Options
    I'm with the other girl...Chobani yogurt is the BEST if you're looking to start your day with protein. Personally, I feel you should really start your day with carbs as well so if you're going the yogurt route, mix in some granola.

Also, never discount the benefits of a GOOD quality cereal or oatmeal. A nice bowl of steel cut oats with cinnamon and stevia and fresh fruit is great and super filling and nutritious. I also often go for Ezekiel cereal or a Kashi High Fiber/High Protein mix with unsweetened almond milk. All three have a great fiber/carb/protein mix that keeps me full for hours and gives me tons of energy. I actually rarely eat eggs unless I'm craving them so it's not the end of the world!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm anti-egg, too! I don't have any allergies - I just choose not to eat them because I find them vile... and vaguely creepy.

For breakfast, I like steel cut oatmeal with dried cherries, walnuts and a splash of vanilla. When it's hot outside, I switch to smoothies made with non-fat yogurt and a mix of fruit. If I need more protein, mozzarella string cheese or a tablespoon of peanut butter on apple slices.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I DO have the allergy. Quite severe actually but I eat oats the rolled or steel cut, scrambled tofu, vegan pancakes/waffles...as a substitut(in baking and stuff) flax seed is great
  • ahanson6
    ahanson6 Posts: 102
    Options
    I usually eat cream of wheat, cream of rice, or grits. I find that hot cereals stay with me for much longer anyway.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Any of the Kashi Go Lean cereals are good for breakfast protein. Optimum Gold Protein Powder has lots of protein.
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions :)

Awesome variety out there!!!

Cheers
    WR