Inspiration dress - it fit!

Options
lkm111
lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
Just had to share - my school's Talent Show was tonight, principal lost her voice and I became the M. C as of this morning. I couldn't decide what to wear. I'm looking through my closet and spied - THE DRESS. It is the dress I bought two years ago. It's a fantasy dress. Slinky, pretty, bold. I could not bring myself to buy it in the size that fit me at the time. I bought it in the size I wanted. I have worked for two whole years (some of that time before MFP) to fit in that dress.

I started with a Wii Fit, moved up to walking, then was able to do Zumba and KettleWorx. 55 pounds later, I decided to try THE DRESS on and by golly, it fit!

It didn't just fit, it looked good on me! I got a few "You look beautiful!" comments from my students.

I'm so happy to report this and I hope this helps anyone who is struggling with working out - DON'T GIVE UP!

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    That's Awesome. So Motivating for me! maybe i should try something like that.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling.bet you looked awesome.Good job!!Your hard work paid off.
    xoxoxjane
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Aww, that's awesome! Congratulations :)
  • krisney
    krisney Posts: 56
    Options
    So cool...maybe you can post a picture of yourself in the dress?
  • lkm111
    Options
    So cool...maybe you can post a picture of yourself in the dress?

I don't like posting my picture on the internet, but if I get a good one, I will think about it. Thank you for asking though!
  • mollie6986
    mollie6986 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Good for your. You must feel amazing! You deserve it!
  • abcgirl18
    abcgirl18 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thats so inspiring!! Im going to buy THE DRESS and its going to be something to look forward once i get to a healthy weight. :smile:
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Way to go! ♥
  • lkm111
    Options
    Thats so inspiring!! Im going to buy THE DRESS and its going to be something to look forward once i get to a healthy weight. :smile:

That's great! I may have to go out and buy another one, too! :smile:
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    I have A Dress - which I bought about a month ago for an event that my hubby has in 3 weeks. Have yet to try it on - praying it fits for the night I need it, but mind hasn't gotten over matter yet - I know I need to try it, but afraid of it not fitting and having to buy another...

This is making me want to run home and try it on now.

Congratulations!
  • ddelapas
    ddelapas Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Excellent idea and your story is very motivating! Congratulations on your success!
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!