Eating after a certain time of day

Options
Does anyone make themselves stop eating after a certain time of night? I usually don't like to eat after 7-7:30 and I go to bed around 10. I feel like it helps a lot. What about you?

Replies

• blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I used to stop eating around the same time as you. But when I started exercising and talking with a personal trainer, I was told that it didn't really matter because your body needs fuel as long as you're moving around. I have to always remember to eat every 3 hours. I do my zumba at 7, finish at 8, laugh until about 10 and then I'm eating my protein.

I think you do what ever works for you, but I'm not too sure if it's good or bad to stop eating earlier.
  • amandaroland80
    amandaroland80 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't really watch the clock but I do try to stay away from sugary stuff at night, even fruit. Because if you don't use that sugar it will be stored as fat. I usually stop eating when I've reached my calorie goal and if I'm still craving then I'll drink green tea or hot water with lemon until I go to bed.
  • dekarlo08
    dekarlo08 Posts: 102
    Options
    I used to think that way but I talked to a trainer and he said it really doesn't matter. I don't get off of work till 8 so I really have no choice but to eat late anyway. :happy:
  • Caerith
    Caerith Posts: 15
    Options
    It makes no difference what time of day you eat, unless you're a mogwai.

Eating more frequently has been known to keep the metabolism going, but eating right before bed has only been known to keep kids believing in Santa.
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    It makes no difference what time of day you eat, unless you're a mogwai.

Eating more frequently has been known to keep the metabolism going, but eating right before bed has only been known to keep kids believing in Santa.

HAHAHA Great Quote
  • Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Night time snacking has been an issue for me, so I've decided that for me, it's best if I don't eat after supper. At least that's my mind set at the moment. That may change as I regain control of my eating and health, but for now in order to control my compulsive eating I have to break the habit.