What to log excersise as?

Options
So I went to the gym and ran 2.5 miles ranging from 3.6mph to 5.6mph... What would you log on the excersie????. like should I log walking at 4mph or 4.5mph as a happy medium or what?... Uggg. This is why running confuses me because the calories burned is greatly different between the mph ran...

Replies

• myowncrazycool
    myowncrazycool Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would take the amount of time it took you and log it as two separate exercises...jogging at the lower speed for half the time and jogging at the higher speed for half the time. If you feel like you did one speed longer than the other than divide up the time to the best of your approximation. Keep up the intervals and you will be running longer and faster before you know it ;) Good luck!

Kelly
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    When I do C25k, I log however many minutes I do at each pace, so I usually walk at 3.5 and run at 5.0.

Not sure if you had clear cut times for yours, though.
  • tmonsta617
    Options
    When I do a range like you did, I always shoot for the middle as the constant or average. so yes i would log it a medium walk 4.0 or 4.5. The good news is, if you actually burned more calories than you logged because you ran, you're ahead of the game!
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input.. From now on I am gonna keep track on walking/running for better accuracy but today I am gonna low ball calorie loss from excersising and keep better track tomorrow..... I never thought I would enjoy running, I always hated running.. But I find it getting addicting. :happy: