I'm starting a liver cleanse... anyone done it???

Options
AJCM
AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
Hi MFP Friends,

Just thought I'd share that I'm starting a cleanse tomorrow!!! It's a one month liver cleanse prescribed by my Naturopathic doctor (I've been waiting to do it until my daughter was finished breast feeding). Gonna get these toxins out of my body!!

No alcohol, no sugar, nothing processed, no dairy... (I've been on a margarita kick as of late, so this will be good for me!).

Has anyone done this? It's the one with an herbal tea in the morning, and then a bulking agent at night. I do it for one month. I'm just wondering about what symptoms I might experience!!!
:blushing:

Replies

• AJCM
    Options
    Hi MFP Friends,

Just thought I'd share that I'm starting a cleanse tomorrow!!! It's a one month liver cleanse prescribed by my Naturopathic doctor (I've been waiting to do it until my daughter was finished breast feeding). Gonna get these toxins out of my body!!

No alcohol, no sugar, nothing processed, no dairy... (I've been on a margarita kick as of late, so this will be good for me!).

Has anyone done this? It's the one with an herbal tea in the morning, and then a bulking agent at night. I do it for one month. I'm just wondering about what symptoms I might experience!!!
    :blushing:
  • dmor
    dmor Posts: 33
    Options
    One Month!!!

I couldn't make it for one day!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    When you say no sugar what does that intale? Like just no sweets or anything with sugar in it? Just curious.

-Adrienne:heart:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

GOOD LUCK and keep us posted

My good friend did a cleanse recently...but it was more like a short-term fast
    Anyway, she had some major stomach discomfort and was in the bathroom at night...not pleasant
    Her Dh thought she was nuts
    But she swore after the cleanse she FELT great!

Kim
  • AJCM
    Options
    Thanks for the responses guys!!!

One WHOLE month!!! I still eat a balanced diet, I just take the herbal supplments and a "cleansing" agent (I think like a fibre supplement).

Nothing with sugar AT ALL!!! We pretty much eat that way, as we don't eat much food that is packaged -I make most things from scratch. If I make muffins, they get date syrup, or honey, but one month, NONE OF IT!!! I do like the occassional treat here and there in my regular life, so that will also be off limits. I should feel great by the end of it though (let's see if I make it... there is a chance that I will slip and have a little something...).

:flowerforyou: