Low carb breakfast? Is it possible?

Options
2»

Replies

• 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    2 hard boiled eggs and a glass of OJ. I eat before 8 and I'm good to go till noon. Good luck!
  • AquaAura
    AquaAura Posts: 105
    Options
    Smoothie with greek yogurt banana and protien powder (or any combination of fruit you want) a banana has carbs but not as some of those yummy breakfast treats you love... I recently watched a doco on weight los and interestingly it suggested that pureed foods ..soups smoothies etc fill you up for longer because they take longer for your food to digest your stomach stays fuller longer and the hunger pangs stay away longer ...

I love brakfast too !!
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Great, great, great!!!

I love eggs... I guess I only make plain jane scrambled eggs so I never think to make them because they're nothing special... so I'm going to look up some recipes. The south beach suggestions were great too, I'd forgotten all about that. I LOVE spinach so I think eggs mixed with cheese and spinach is a fantastic idea.

And I had NO idea they made such a thing as carbquick!!! I will be looking that up for sure!!!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    How low we talking here?

make a scramble with lean protein and veggies and a little cheese

stir together.... Cals Carbs Fat Protein Fiber
    8oz non fat Fage Greek yogurt 107 9 0 16 0
    strawberries 62.5g 20 5 0 1 1
    raspberries 50g 26 6 0 1 3
    Scivation choc whey protein .5 scoop 52 1 1 11 1
    205 21 1 29 5

Breakfast Wrap
    Light Flat Out Wrap multi grain 100 17 3 9 8
    egg whites (3) 48 1 0 11 0
    virginia ham, 1oz 30 1 1 5 0
    Sargento reduced fat cheddar 1 slice 60 0 1 6 0
    238 19 5 31 8

Sorry! It wont hold the format for you to see the cals carbs fat protein & fiber breakdown
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Smoothie with greek yogurt banana and protien powder (or any combination of fruit you want) a banana has carbs but not as some of those yummy breakfast treats you love... I recently watched a doco on weight los and interestingly it suggested that pureed foods ..soups smoothies etc fill you up for longer because they take longer for your food to digest your stomach stays fuller longer and the hunger pangs stay away longer ...

I love brakfast too !!

I find this odd since you would think pureed foods would be faster digesting because they are already broken down; your system doesn't have to do as much work.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I have 2 Omega-3 eggs with 2 egg whites and 2 slices of Turkey Bacon (Lillydale brand as it's not processed), fried in coconut oil and organic sea salts... I never get hungry with this breakfast and very low carb (almost 0)!
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Eat real eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, etc.. Skip all the junk in boxes and eat real food.

This!!

Eggs, smoked salmon, etc. I do have a single slice of toast with my eggs but I buy bread with as few ingredients as possible from a proper bakery and made with less wheat (with rye, spelt, quinoa, etc).