Just Came Back from Florida---FAT

Options
I'm sick of being the one running to the lawn chair. This new swimming suit looks more like Olivia the Pig than any of the others. When I was 20 I was probably 20 pounds overweight, but at 6 feet tall, I was just curvaceous. Did I know that? NO. I HATED myself and thought I was a hog.

I'm a very tall woman and have been somewhat overweight my whole life, but it really has ballooned in the past few years.

I heard Dr Phil say once that you are obviously working hard at being fat if you are really fat. You are obviously working hard at being fit if you are very fit.

Who have I been kidding smuggling snacks to my desk? Did I think no one noticed my getting bigger and bigger?

I;m so mad and disgusted with myself.

Today was a very controlled day, but it was the first day. Doing this on my droid and then logging in at home was cool....
Now, on to day 2.

Replies

• kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Welcome here,
    You can add me as a friend if you like.
    this is a great site for motivation and support.
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I already know two people who can relate to you, myself, and my best friend. I am not 6 feet tall, but i started here in OCT, lost 20 lbs, then I went on a trip to Florida with my family, and gained all that 20 lbs back. I have lost it since, but it was kind of a hard knock in the head and showed me really just how bad I was eating when I wasn't really focused on my goals.

My friend is also 6 ft tall and I'm sure has some stories very similar to yours.

You can add me if you like, I'm all about the positive feedback!
  • flyingspatulas
    flyingspatulas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I had the same revelation today - It's my own fault that I'm overweight because I've been working hard to make myself that way, and now it's time to work hard to get it off!

Welcome to MFP! You can add me as well, if you'd like! :)
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Suzanne. You are taking the first step to a whole new you!

I know how you felt about being overweight...just make a promise to yourself by the end of this year (or next) there will be less of you and really commit to that being your number one priority. I made that promise to myself in January and I'm VERY slowly but surely taking it off, 1/2 pound at a time some weeks.

I was telling someone the other day that I feel I've been losing the same 20 lbs for the past 20 years and she said, thats what I admire about you...you never give up. And imagine how much weight you would have to lose if you didn't take off the 20 every year or so? Suddenly a negative view of myself became another reason to make my day as nutritionally healthy as possible and to get my butt in gear!

You are surrounded by a lot of people on MFP facing the same direction!! Lets Go!