New to MFP

Options
I am almost 24 years old and has struggled with my weight for the last 4ish years.. Growing up and even after I had a child I was always around 125#... Met my husband and before I know it I was looking at 186 on the scales... *Yikes*... Basically through unhealthy techniques like crash dieting and such I got back down to around 142 last year... It has started creeping back up over the last 5 months since we re-located and I became a stay at home mom.. I am ready to get the ball rolling and do this the right way. Would love some friends to keep me motivated along the way. :smile:

Replies

• rhonda1981
    rhonda1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your journey to a healthy life.
  • jaimet77
    jaimet77 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I am new too! Today was my first real day as I decided last night that I really needed to do something. I have two children and was overweight before having them but not terribly so. Each pregnancy left me higher on the scale than before and so here I am at my heaviest point ever. I need a lifestyle change. I have yo-yo'd a lot in the past few years so I need to make a real change, not just try and lose weight. I love this site because it's so easy to see where you are at with calorie intake and calorie burning. I wish you luck! I'm hoping to just feel better about myself this summer when it comes time to wear less clothing! :)
  • bdtaylor2009
    Options
    Welcome!!! Were all in the same boat. Its very hard the older you get to lose weight. I like my bush light to much.
  • pink1103
    pink1103 Posts: 1
    Options
    Welcome :) as bdtaylor2009 said we are all in the same boat.
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    The ups and downs of my weight loss journey

October 2005
    untitled-1.jpg
    August 2008- my wedding-- YIKES
    ohwow-1.jpg
    August 2010
    60433_1319800129808_1674956556_624690_110633_n.jpg
    March 2011--- Bummer, the weights coming back
    008-2.jpg