Donut free for 2 whole days!!!

Options
Yippeee!!! And there's even fresh ones out there today!

I haven't even had the compulsion to eat one. So, I'm a thinkin' "I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I have not really had any Splenda the last two days???" Not any real agenda on my part, just what I had for b-fast didn't call for it and I had a little choco syrup in my iced coffee so didn't need any sweetener. Haven't had any with my tea at lunch - just plain tea. Usually if I avoid the donut in the a.m., immediately after lunch I go get one. Like I can't stop myself. I'll be thinking "what am I doing??" and be doing it. Haven't had that. Very, very interesting!!

Just wanted to share a small ( o.k. HUGE to me) success!! LOL I did have some Splenda last night - hubby made me 2 glasses of tea and put sweetener in them 'cuz I didn't say anything. Like I said, it really wasn't intentional to not have any, just kinda worked out that way. But still . . . makes me think!

Replies

• MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Yippeee!!! And there's even fresh ones out there today!

I haven't even had the compulsion to eat one. So, I'm a thinkin' "I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I have not really had any Splenda the last two days???" Not any real agenda on my part, just what I had for b-fast didn't call for it and I had a little choco syrup in my iced coffee so didn't need any sweetener. Haven't had any with my tea at lunch - just plain tea. Usually if I avoid the donut in the a.m., immediately after lunch I go get one. Like I can't stop myself. I'll be thinking "what am I doing??" and be doing it. Haven't had that. Very, very interesting!!

Just wanted to share a small ( o.k. HUGE to me) success!! LOL I did have some Splenda last night - hubby made me 2 glasses of tea and put sweetener in them 'cuz I didn't say anything. Like I said, it really wasn't intentional to not have any, just kinda worked out that way. But still . . . makes me think!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    thumbsup8de.gif
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!
    Try it again and see what happens.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Jendaya35
    Jendaya35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    WTG:flowerforyou: :tongue:
  • MontanaGirl
    Options
    M - You mean another day?? Yeah - gonna keep on this track for awhile I think!! And I'm thinking the Splenda thing is out the door. Maybe I'll have to experiment after a couple more days and have some in my a.m. coffee and see if the craving kicks me again.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    M - You mean another day?? Yeah - gonna keep on this track for awhile I think!! And I'm thinking the Splenda thing is out the door. Maybe I'll have to experiment after a couple more days and have some in my a.m. coffee and see if the craving kicks me again.

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean.
    Let us know the outcome. This could be very interesting.

Good luck!
    Mireille
    :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    HOORAY!!! Great job and willpower! I hate crap food for work "treats"....grrrrr! YOU GO GIRL!

• MontanaGirl
    Options
    HOORAY!!! Great job and willpower! I hate crap food for work "treats"....grrrrr! YOU GO GIRL!

Yeah, you'd think I'd be burned out on them by now. Good ol **** - Brings them in every day rain or shine. Unless there's a bunch left over, then he'll skip a day. Ugh. But it's weird, cuz it hasn't been a struggle. I dunno - but I like it!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh girlie I'm sooo proud of you and I agree w/ the splenda thing...I was putting two a day in my big cup of joe...and feeling sooo weird, w/ cravings all day...now I sub it for a little flavored creamer and one tsp of sugar,not as sweet but I'm used to it now and I feel so much better....no weird feelings later...no cravings, no headaches or belly aches....a coincident? hmmmmm I think not! lol

hey seriously, best of luck and just give up that little yellow packet....16 cal of sugar in a tsp is better for ya...or I love your choco syrup in the coffee idea mmmmmm :tongue:

hugs!
    Ali
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Good for you but do not understand the splenda thing:indifferent: . I use it on strawberries drinks I drink have it and in oatmeal. I love it why no splenda?!:noway: What cravings I seem to be fine I do not use it in coffee though.

Alisha
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Good for you but do not understand the splenda thing:indifferent: . I use it on strawberries drinks I drink have it and in oatmeal. I love it why no splenda?!:noway: What cravings I seem to be fine I do not use it in coffee though.

Alisha

I think it just affects some differently I used to never feel like that then lately I realized I was always hungry for junk and headaches etc...so I stopped using it and they stopped....??? if its not bothering you I wouldn't worry...although anything artificial is not the greatest thing to put in your bod....but I did for many years....so who knows?!

hugs and best to you!
    ali mmmm strawberry drinks!!!:tongue:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Great job..keep up the good work!

Kim
  • MontanaGirl
    Options

Alisha

There have been several studies out lately linking artificial sweeteners to sugar cravings. I really haven't put much stock into this for myself, knowing that every body reacts different to things and never notice a difference. Last spring I did a 1 week experiment where I gave up splenda for a week and didn't notice anything - except that I resented it and was really not reacting to the experiment well. Other than that, there was no change in my cravings or weight loss or anything at that time. So this fluke happened, and suddenly the mind-numbing craving is gone. At least for the last two days!! Don't know any other explanation than that I didn't happen to have any splenda yesterday until evening and haven't had any today yet. If you google Splenda or artificial sweeteners, you will find WAY more info than you ever wanted to know. You've been warned :laugh:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Can't remember the last donut I had. Don't miss 'em any more. I guess I'm on the side that doesn't have cravings from Splenda. I use it in my coffee. But that's about it. Refuse to change cooking habits, just eat less of those goodies that I do make. ( Hubby loves it when the kids come home, I tend to make their favorites....like deserts:tongue: )
  • MontanaGirl
    Options
    OK - so day 3 of no Splenda AND no mindless mad cravings for sweets. No zombie walk to the donut box after lunch. Donut free for 3 days!!! 750 - 900 calories saved!! Wahoo!!! And, unlike last spring when I intentionally tried to stop using Splenda, no mood swings, crankiness, or resentment. I guess because it just kind of happened THEN I started thinking about it. I was going to experiment by having Splenda in my coffee and seeing what would happen, but I'm kinda skeered to! lol Think I'll just let sleeping dogs lay!! - Kim