Christmas Fitness Challenge Check-in - DECEMBER 1

Options
NTBoard
NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
edited November 2023 in Challenges
Wow!!! It's December!!! This year has FLOWN by! Today my baby turns THREE! :heart: After 12 years of trying to have a baby it's just a miracle to sit here today with not 1 but 2 sons. Makes you reflect on the good things in life. It also motivates me to focus on my own health & well being so that I can be around for a long time to enjoy them.

Anyway, no formal exercise yesterday - I did spend 2 + hours cleaning & 3 + hours cooking in preparation for a birthday party today. I was asleep by 9 and up this morning by 6 to finish the preperations. Expecting between 11 & 15 kids and their parents so it should be fun! We are going to put up our Christmas Tree tonight but I'll try to sneak some directed exercise in before bed.

Everyone here is doing such a fantastic job. I love peeking at the thread throughout the day to see what everyone has done. And, I'm even happy for those that have maybe taken a break and are determined to get back to it. We have goals being met (way to go girls), inches being shed, and literally, lives being change. I feel such pride in being able to take this journey with all of you. It's quite a ride! And, one I'm so glad that I found.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Have a GREAT Saturday!
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! It's December!!! This year has FLOWN by! Today my baby turns THREE! :heart: After 12 years of trying to have a baby it's just a miracle to sit here today with not 1 but 2 sons. Makes you reflect on the good things in life. It also motivates me to focus on my own health & well being so that I can be around for a long time to enjoy them.

Anyway, no formal exercise yesterday - I did spend 2 + hours cleaning & 3 + hours cooking in preparation for a birthday party today. I was asleep by 9 and up this morning by 6 to finish the preperations. Expecting between 11 & 15 kids and their parents so it should be fun! We are going to put up our Christmas Tree tonight but I'll try to sneak some directed exercise in before bed.

Everyone here is doing such a fantastic job. I love peeking at the thread throughout the day to see what everyone has done. And, I'm even happy for those that have maybe taken a break and are determined to get back to it. We have goals being met (way to go girls), inches being shed, and literally, lives being change. I feel such pride in being able to take this journey with all of you. It's quite a ride! And, one I'm so glad that I found.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Have a GREAT Saturday!
    Niccole
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Nicole I don't know where you get all your energy from but box it up and ship some my way!:happy: Well I did the strength training on a stability ball yesterday9 1/2 hour) and was that a hoot! I have no stability:tongue: Then while everyone was gone last night I got on the treadmill and did my first 15 minute mile in my life! It felt like that was going to be the end of my life too, tell me it gets easier. Then I did a cool down. See this much time happens when the kids grow up Nicole. But today is just house work and tonight I'm going to watch a Belly Dance Pageant. I have three grown girls dancing in it and it will be soo exciting to see them on stage together. Want something fun to work out to? Take a couple of classes and you'll be hooked on it. Well gotta go. Have lots of fun with the party and enjoy the tree trimming. See ya tomorrow.:bigsmile: ~Karen
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I decided to hold off a bit as I was sore from the day before. I did quite a bit of gardening (it's still 70 degrees here, thought I'd say that to make everyone jealous, you can get me back next summer) and walked for 75 minutes. Somehow I twisted my ankle, so I'll either wear my hiking boots on the treadmill or do a very long session of yoga.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Yes Karen, I'm with you with the bellydance! A jingly hip scarf just might change your life, ladies.:wink:

This morning I'm not feeling well at all (something I ate?) but later I'm going to try to use a bellydance DVD, as I didn't make it to class this a.m. I love my DVDs...they seem like a "second chance" at getting my exercise in. Also, I"ll probably walk to the mall to (drumroll please) buy new pants.

Hey, Karen what video do you use? I'm using one called "hip hop hip drop" and I get super sweaty from it, so it must be doing something.

:flowerforyou:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    30 min. very light cardio
    20 min. weights

I am officially off from exersicing Sat/Sun....see you on Monday.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to your son NTBoard.
    Today I am just working around the house. I am also going to decorate for Christmas. When it warms up I will attempt to take both dogs for a walk by myself. I guess a little is better than non.
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    NTBoard, I also have 2 sons and my oldest has his 3rd b-day on the 17th!!! So Happy Birthday.
    I am so happy!! Today I have hit two goals of mine. I am in the 150s today and I have hit 50 lbs lost today!! Only 25-35 to go depending on what my body wants me at.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hey, Karen what video do you use? I'm using one called "hip hop hip drop" and I get super sweaty from it, so it must be doing something.

I couldn't figure out the quote button lol but the videos I use are by Naturaljourneys. One is called Bellydance Fitness for weight loss Cardio Shimmy featuring Rania and the other one is Bellydance for Weight Loss Too Hip featuring Rania. I was taking a class once a week but the teacher and I didn't hit it off for some reason. I will be looking for another one soon. Either that or try Ballroom Dancing. That way I could get my husband into it too. I don't think he would go for the jingly scarf lol:bigsmile: ~Karen
  • deanea
    Options
    Yesterday I decided to hold off a bit as I was sore from the day before. I did quite a bit of gardening (it's still 70 degrees here, thought I'd say that to make everyone jealous, you can get me back next summer) and walked for 75 minutes. Somehow I twisted my ankle, so I'll either wear my hiking boots on the treadmill or do a very long session of yoga.

Oh my gosh, I hope you didn't twist it bad....I twisted mine two weeks ago and it has been useless for exersicing, walking fine, impact no. I have been so frustrated at the stunt in my efforts. Be careful and rest that ankle if it hurts!
  • deanea
    Options
    NTBoard, I also have 2 sons and my oldest has his 3rd b-day on the 17th!!! So Happy Birthday.
    I am so happy!! Today I have hit two goals of mine. I am in the 150s today and I have hit 50 lbs lost today!! Only 25-35 to go depending on what my body wants me at.

Good stuff!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm more excited & motivated than ever! I was finishing up some shopping & stumbled across a killer deal @ Wally World; mygym fitness system (step with resistance bands attached) was marked down from $100 to $30! I called and begged my husband to let me buy my own Christmas present :laugh:

Now I can't wait for the next 24 days to fly; I'm so excited to use it!
    60 min upper/lower again today. Happy Birthday to all the little ones out there. Mine turns 2 in April.
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wow, At Home, that is awesome! Congratulations!

I've been struggling to fit in any formal exercise time lately with an extremely hectic schedule. However, as I don't have a car, I either walk or bike to and from work every day (50 min walk, 20 min bike ride each way). I also walk or bike pretty much anywhere else I need to go, so that helps. Today I am going to walk to singing practice, which I estimate should take about an hour.
  • MALU6886
    Options
    flowerforyou: hi every body ,if somebody followed me ..... I am a " walker":happy: I love it but today i had to pass :cry: :sad: really missed it . it's not just the excercise . its the walk in the morning , being outside in the fresh air:love: ............ i got some very mean blisters three days ago and yesterday i managed it to open them:grumble: . so i had to substitute. what todo....what to do ??????

yeah stairs . i stepped for 25 min and my legs are still hurting:glasses: i felt it almost every where and the burning is more than walking....
    i wont give up my walking but i am gonna add the stairs
    I have to say that I was a 110% non excerciser . and I am so surprised that I can do it

:drinker:

good luck to all of you , may you reach your goals and stand strong .............. you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • yuna2003
    yuna2003 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello Everybody!:flowerforyou:
    I was away at my dads place and they have a very slow dial up computer-:grumble:
    but i kept up with my exercise evryday at least 30 min of walking (mostly 45-60 min)
    i squeez in the weights when i can :ohwell: today i did jump rope for 20 min and stair stepping for 5 and burned a total of 413 calories.:bigsmile: I have a Question though..
    I mostly have calories, carbs, and fats left over every day- except the protein- is that good or bad? my mom says:smile: that protein builds muscle so its ok just watch the rest- but im not sure any input:huh: ?
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting up again with exercise after two weeks. So December 1st is a great time to start again. Walked through the snow with my standard poodle for 1/2 hour - it was chilly willy, then biked and elliptical tonight.
    Finnley was so cute today, he hopped up on this huge boulder like ta-da! look at me, then jumped across to another one and slipped on the ice on the rock. Fell flat on his stomach, looking all shocked, then managed to scramble off and came and sat by me whimpering like he'd broken a leg or something. I had to pet him on the head and tell him just to sit still for awhile, he'd be okay. Guess he wanted the sympathy vote for knocking the wind out of himself. Then off he ran, happy as you please.