Working on abs - P90

Options
I'm doing the P90X workout..and the ab ripper is almost impossible for me to do. I'm only in my first week, but I feel like its going to be useless to me since I can barely do any of the ab exercises in ab ripper. Is this normal for it being my 1st work? I'm trying to get rid of my pudgey belly! haha - especially by late June since I'll be on vacation then! Any ideas?:happy: :happy: :happy :-D

Replies

• becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I could hardly get through it in the beginning. As a matter of fact, I think I turned it off the first time I tried it, lol.... Now I try to do it at the BEGINNING of the workout instead of the end, I have more engery and can keep up better. I am starting week 8 on Saturday, it gets easier ( not easy, just easier) as you go on :smile: Good Luck!
  • JenniB619
    JenniB619 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Haha...thanks... I never thought of doing it before the other workout..But its not that I dont have the energy to do.. its just its hard for me to do a lot fo those exercises on there cuz I dont have alot of core muscle.. I sure hope doing this workout increases that! How is your workout coming along? Are your results good?
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Here is what I am trying to do ... I was just like you ... the Ab Ripper killed me and I could hardly do half of the exercises. I think I burned more calories laughing at myself.

Now I focus on doing FIVE good reps of every exercise... thats it... and when I can do that ... I will increase it to six and seven. Success will come with time... :)
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the workouts! I haven't lost as much weight as I would like, but it is coming off (my clothes are getting baggy). I am a little obsessed with this website and working out right now, but when I look at my arms and see muscles I am very motivated to keep at it!

Your core muscles will strengthing as you go through the workouts. It won't take too long before you see results.
  • ljhk
    ljhk Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm doing the P90X workout..and the ab ripper is almost impossible for me to do. I'm only in my first week, but I feel like its going to be useless to me since I can barely do any of the ab exercises in ab ripper. Is this normal for it being my 1st work? I'm trying to get rid of my pudgey belly! haha - especially by late June since I'll be on vacation then! Any ideas?:happy: :happy: :happy :-D

It's your FIRST week. Dont give up! See the bigger picture! Fit and FAB!
  • JenniB619
    JenniB619 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    ohh im definately not giving up!im love the workouts... and i cant wait to see results! i just hope i get as good of results as i read about everyone else! I was constantly reading and googling reviews for p90x and was getting excited just reading all the great reviews from all the great results... so im hoping ill get some good ones too!