Always hungry!

Options
For the past month, I have been eating anywhere from 1000-1300 calories a day and doing TAE BO 5-6 a week. I had been told by some that I was eating too little and others that I was doing just fine. I felt ok. I mean I wasn't hungry since I kept munching on fruit, cheese, nuts in between meals. This last week, however, I started feeling weird. I'm always hungry. At first I would ignore it and suck it up and now I just have an extra piece of fruit, another handful of almonds, peanut butter, etc. BUT i still feel hungry! I've been losing a little over a pound a week consistently, but I'm afraid that I have gained this week from all the extra calories! I had also read somewhere here that at some point one should increase the amount of calories consumed in order to increase weightloss, but I don't think I'm there yet. I've lost a total of 25 lbs, the last 5 from these past 4 weeks. How or when will I know when it's ok to increase my intake or should I not? I'm worried I don't want to gain and get discouraged, but I don't want to be hungry! HELP!

Replies

• nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    There could be many reasons. Open your diary so we can see what's going on.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    You should be netting 1200 a day minimum to keep your body functioning properly. If you're eating only 1200 and not eating of those exercise calories back, that could easily be the culprit. If you're working out that hard, your body needs more fuel to compensate for that.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Agreed with Sheila. Make sure you're eating those exercise calories. If that's not the culprit, you may need to set your loss to 1 or .5 pounds a week instead of 2 pounds a week for a bigger calorie cushion and a more realistic goal.