need alot of support

Options
Hello everybody I need to loose weight for my health I started excercising at womens world and I like it I started dieting but I don't know if I'm eating the right foods I need help thanks

Replies

• mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    stay away from foods high in sodium or processed sugar.

you also want low amounts of saturated fat and no trans-saturated fats. the good fats are unsaturated.

keep your cholesterol low.

most of this information can be found in the database here at mfp. your best bet is to plug a food in and look at the nutritional value BEFORE you eat it.

good luck.
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You can look at the food pyramid guidelines for serving size suggestions. Following it gives you about how many calories you need every day, and really makes you look at the type of foods your eating. Lots of veggies too!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    try to eat two fruits and 3 veggie servings every day. Cut out as much processed food as you can. Eat lean meats, and healthy oils and fats (nuts, avacado, etc). I don't eat anything white (potatoes, rice, bread, etc). Make some small changes at first and then let it grow from there. :)
  • lydiarj
    lydiarj Posts: 4
    Options
    thanks I'm sure staying of sodium cause I'm seeing some edema on my ankles and it hurts have no cholesterol or blood preasure but have been feeeling tired and stressed
  • lydiarj
    lydiarj Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm eating vegetables but it's hard for me to eat fruits I also started grilling fish meats small portions on georgeforman grill But at night is when hunger strikes because I'm a night person and it's tough I don't sleep until 3 or 4 in the morning and hardly have breakfast Ive been drinking more water but it gets to the point where Its hard to drink it I don't like water that much It just makes me throw up I don't know why because it's good for my body
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i'm not a huge fan of water unless i'm exercising, then it is awesome.
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm eating vegetables but it's hard for me to eat fruits I also started grilling fish meats small portions on georgeforman grill But at night is when hunger strikes because I'm a night person and it's tough I don't sleep until 3 or 4 in the morning and hardly have breakfast Ive been drinking more water but it gets to the point where Its hard to drink it I don't like water that much It just makes me throw up I don't know why because it's good for my body

I was a late night snacker too. I found that planning for snacks throughout the day (whether I'm hungry or not) really eliminates the hunger later on. I started eating a decent breakfast (hard on weekends, but again, I do it whether I'm hungry or not), then snack about two hours later (like almonds or an orange), then lunch about two hours later, then snack again, then dinner, then small snack. This way I'm eating throughout the day, and I never get to the point where I'm so hungry I eat everything in site.

With the water, maybe try different temperatures? Ice cold, slightly cold, room temp...maybe you'll respond better to it if it's a different temp.

Good luck with everything, and remember that it takes time. Find what works for you and don't get discouraged, if you give up, you'll never see the results you're after!