Breakfast bars

snowy_sk
snowy_sk Posts: 117 Member
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
Usually for me it's porridge or cereals every single morning but today, I just couldnt face the milk. Needed something a bit more dense. Was on the verge of saying sod it, I'll have toast and lashings of butter, but I know that it would lead to a whole day of saying sod it, I'll eat whatever I like.

So I went into Holland and Barrett and bought myself a mixed berry Trek bar. I wouldnt normally have a cereal bar for breakfast but this one looked relatively healthy and it definitely did the trick!!! Soooooo glad I didnt succumb to the toast and butter craving.

Has anyone tried them? Hoping it was a sensible choice!

Replies

• I am a fan of "Eat Natural" bars, there a simular to that kinda thing I think... they do one with a natural yoghurt on top too... yummy... must get some more lol.

Jay.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    i really like the 9 bar pumpkin and hemp seed bars from holland and barrett. Soooooo delicious, healthy and 10g of protein.

I try not to have them as a snack too often cos theyre about 250 cals, but for a breakfast theyre amazing and satisfying.
  • bbear690
    bbear690 Posts: 22
    i have the special k bars for breakfast as i never ate breakfast before i started dieting, so i find them easy eat :)
    They are yummy too
  • sconns21
    sconns21 Posts: 92 Member
    The eat natural ones are good for you but I always find that they are way to many calories for how full they make you feel. They are tiny and hardly fill a gap but have loads of calories and sugar in them. I always end up thinking I may as well of had a biscuit or some chocolate for the same amount of calories and I would feel fuller. I find a lot of things like these are marketed as "healthy snacks" when in actual fact they are just like eating biscuits. If you look at the calories per 100g and compare them to other things they're quite high.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    i really like the 9 bar pumpkin and hemp seed bars from holland and barrett. Soooooo delicious, healthy and 10g of protein.

I try not to have them as a snack too often cos theyre about 250 cals, but for a breakfast theyre amazing and satisfying.

I looooove these, especially with the carob on top. I ate 3 in one go once!! Probably not too healthy!!
This discussion has been closed.