Airman in Las Vegas

Options
Hey Guys!

So a little about myself. My name is Jerry. I'm 23 years old, and currently enlisted in the United States Air Force. Currently stationed in Las Vegas, NV. I made the change to wanting to be healthier when I failed my PT test for the first time in 4 years last November. I knew I was letting myself go and I needed to change my lifestyle drastically. I entered the Air Force at 5'11 155 pounds. I have retested and passed my PT test this past January.

Shortly after the start of the new year I bought a gym membership to my local gym (Golds Gym) I started going with a buddy of mine with no real routine or meal plan. I just tried to eat "healthier". I would goto the gym 2-3 times a week. From January to mid March I pretty much maintained my weight at 207. Right around the beginning to the middle of March I got sick and tired of wasting my time at the gym not seeing results and going off of "broscience". I started doing my own research about different diets and supplements.

I came across Intermittent Fasting (IF). It fits my schedule perfectly since I work graveyard (Sun-Thurs 11pm-6am). I have been on IF for about 2 weeks and started taking more than just whey protein starting today ( got my first shipment in from bodybuilding.com). So far I've lost 13 pounds in 1 month, which I consider to be pretty impressive for myself. I'm currently sitting at around 194.8

Below is currently what I'm doing on my day to day routine.

Diet

Calories - 1600/day
Macros - 40c/30p/30f
Fasting from 10pm to 2pm the next day (16 hours )
Eating window - 2pm to 10pm (8 Hours)

2pm - Breakfast
Oatmeal OR 3-4 Hardboiled Medium Eggs

3pm
Protien Bar OR 1 can of tuna with 5 crackers

430pm
Pre-workout Shake (2 scoops)

5pm - 6pm
Gym (Mon, Wed, Fri)

7pm
Chicken Breast, Hamburger Helper W/ Extra Lean Meat, Pork Chop OR Steak

Always served with
2 cups of salad, 1 serving of croutons, 2 tbsp of Bacon Bits, 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil

9pm
Casien Protien Shake 1 scoop, 1 cup of skim milk, 1 banana, 3-6 strawberries

Suppliments

Optimum 100% Casein Protein - Chocolate Supreme
Optimum 100% Whey Protein - Tropical Punch
SciFit Kre-Alkalyn 1500
Spring Valley Salmon Oil 1000mg Omega 3
Optimum Mens Multi-Vitamin
Scifit Gluta-Lyn 1500
High Power CLA
Scifit ZMA

Routine

Monday Legs/shoulders

10-15 min Treadmill warm-up/run
Leg press (3 sets)
Leg extension (2 sets)
Leg curl (3 sets)
Standing calf raise (3 sets)
Seated dumbell press (3 sets)
Side laterals (2 sets)

Tuesday

30 min Cardio

Wednesday Back/biceps

Wide grip pulldowns (3 sets)
Seated rows (2 sets)
Hyperextensions (3 sets)
Shrugs (3 sets)
Barbell curls (3 sets)
Hammer curls (2 sets)

Thursday

30 min Cardio

Friday Chest/triceps/forearms

Bench press (3 sets)
Incline dumbell press (3 sets)
Pushdowns (3 sets)
Overhead dumbell extension (2 sets)
Wrist curls (2 sets)
Reverse wrist curls (2 sets)

Replies

• Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Wow! Looks like you have it all carefully planned! Great approach!

Welcome to MFP! and good luck in your career too! :flowerforyou:
  • Vegasboricua702
    Options
    Thank you so much! Judging by your signiture it seems you have everything working for you as well! :)
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    No problem...I'm slowly getting closer to my goal but have been maintaining for the past few months. Need to kick up my exercise after my degree finishes next month.

There are a few threads on the forums regarding fasting lifestyles...maybe check them out and you can advise others and gain further info. These things seem easier when you have a good support network around you.

Keep up the great work :flowerforyou:
  • Vegasboricua702
    Options
    Thanks! Will do!