Fruit.

Options
I've been trying to research this topic online, but there doesn't seem to be a clear answer. Does anyone know if eating too much fruit (even over in calories) can cause you to gain weight? I've done it a few times just because I LOVE fruit and didn't see any damage..but I was just wondering if it could do long term damage if I did it frequently? I have also heard (but am not sure) that some fruits and veggies don't have point values in the WW program?

Any input would be appreciated :happy:

Replies

• food_junkie
    Options
    I've been trying to research this topic online, but there doesn't seem to be a clear answer. Does anyone know if eating too much fruit (even over in calories) can cause you to gain weight? I've done it a few times just because I LOVE fruit and didn't see any damage..but I was just wondering if it could do long term damage if I did it frequently? I have also heard (but am not sure) that some fruits and veggies don't have point values in the WW program?

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options

Too much of anything can cause you to gain.

If you have 6 cups of blueberries per week and do not mark them down, you can end up with about 500 extra calories per week. With an extra 500 calories per week, within 6 weeks you will have eaten 3500 calories in blueberries. This 3500 of "free fruit" will have helped you gain a pound.

If someone is treating themselves to a banana and not tracking it, each day that is almost 120calories per day. Do the math...per week...how long until another pound is earned. So if someone is doing fruit and veggies "free of logging," this is earning a few pounds per month.
  • littlespoon
    Options
    Weight watchers has some "free" vegetables, but not fruit. Free veges include broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, celery, capsicum, carrot and a few others I cant think of off the top of my head. Not potatoes, peas, corn. In order for the veges to be "Free", they have to be fresh, not frozen and packaged.

Eg. one punnet of strawberries is half a point, a medium apple is one point.

Hope this helps