*****y counter staff

Options
nixxy74
nixxy74 Posts: 106
I couldnt believe it, and im not usually sensitive at all ,I accept myself for being overweight, but this got me good.
I went to apply for my passport and had to get a check and send, (uk post offices does a check on your forms so it goes through first time) now this girl is one that seems to be *****y to lynsey for no real reason we can fathom. But hey i hardly know anyone still after three years living in northern ireland and havent upset anyone .(yeah i need to get out more)

so there i am and i ask her to do a check on the passport and as shes going through mistakes on my form i ask her if i still need to send the passport photo as its a new one and i only need a replacement (please note the royal mail is crap and lost my original passport in the post for my id ) so she pipes up.....well you only need to get a new photo if you have a major alteration in the face or if you look like me all of a sudden (im thinking skinny and bitter for no reason) lol, and lost a lot of weight (initmating im a fat cow) I have lost it all around my face.
In my own derence i said ,well yeah i have lost weight, but tbh i walked away more hurt than ive ever been it took me all of 24 hrs to say something to someone.

Did I over react?

Replies

• BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    hahahahahha what a stupid bittch.
    people are so unpleasant sometimes it's completely unnecessary to say the least. I've found that some fat girls are actually even worse than the skinny girls tho... i worked in a larger womens store and ... i fit in the clothing i'm not tiny... but i'd have people complain to my manager that i should be fired... not because my service was bad but because I wasn't fat enough for her liking. THANK GOD I WASNT lets just say she was one of the ones that would bring back the online sizes that weren't sold in stores... (basically a size 32 top... no offense to anyone who may wear that size....) because it was too small... when they were cotton shirts that could be stretched easily ... so of course to her i was thin but i'm NOT thin and that actually pissed me off more than some girl calling me a fat *kitten* ... :brokenheart: I would get it all the time... but friends that i had that worked in or went into smaller size stores would just get scoffed at but no one would complain... cept at hollister once... but that stores a cult anyway.. and my friends sister was a manager and fired everyone that had been rude or made comments about her little sister lol

lol don't take it personally her karma will come full circle back to her... but i don't blame you for feeling offended you didn't overreact.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    No you didn't over react - I'd report her to the manager in writing in a formal letter.
  • chocbeast
    chocbeast Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    What a total *****, What she said to you was totally unnecessary. You didn't overreact, I would have slapped her one for sure!
  • nixxy74
    Options
    yeh shame she was behind a protective counter screen otherwise i would have considered thta cheaper than slapping on a stamp posting a letter to a crappy company who cant even get mail delivered to themsleves correctly.....i challenge anyone not to want to go back and slap her...any takers wanting a holiday in n.Ireland?
  • nixxy74
    Options
    No you didn't over react - I'd report her to the manager in writing in a formal letter.

mmm Considering it but im betting they will close ranks only the hope of her getting her sacked is gonna be good enough
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options

mmm Considering it but im betting they will close ranks only the hope of her getting her sacked is gonna be good enough

maybe she does that to other people though - and if yours results in a verbal warning, and the second complaint in a written warning, the third is probably dismissal