Suggestions for Rewards!

Options
So, I'm thinking of rewarding myself every time I meet an intermediate goal. My first goal is to lose about 10 pounds. I'm not setting a specific deadline for myself (but it'll probably be in about a month or so), but I want to reward myself for when I get there!

It can be material objects, just not food-related. Preferably not expensive, either, since I'm a university student... so, I've gotta be thrifty! I'm a girl, obviously, so I'm not too interested in buying myself tickets to a monster truck show or something. :P

Do you guys do rewards? If so, how often do you give yourself rewards / at what benchmarks, and what kind of rewards do you give yourself?

Replies

• ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    I assign rewards as well! I don't have specific weight loss goals i.e. "I want to lose 10 lbs by May 10th"

However, I have a list of important dates which I would like to see progress by. An example would be "Cousin's wedding, august 20th- It doesn't matter how much weight I lose, I just want to notice a difference in my body and how my clothes fit" and then a reward would be "a mani/pedi and a pretty new dress for the reception"

:smile:

A lot of my rewards relate to the dates. Another example "Spring break" reward is "a new bikini or beachy highlights or a spray tan"
    hahaha
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    manicure/pedicure?
    massage?
    new shoes? :wink:
    pants in a smaller size?
  • CarolMorris66
    Options
    A friend of mine has been rewarding herself.. now, she needs to lose a lot of weight and has a very good job that pays well, so she has been rewarding herself with £10 for every pound she loses.... She only loses about a pound a week, so affordable for some. She is looking forward to taking her purse full of money shopping when she has reduced a dress size...
  • farmgirl88
    farmgirl88 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in more non-food reward ideas, too!

The most unique incentive that I've head of is on www.stickk.com. They have an "anti-charity" option where if you don't make your goal, you donate money (say $5 a week) to a charity you don't support. That way you're motivated to work harder, because if you don't, they'll send your money to a "bad" cause instead of sending that $5 check each week back to you!
  • GypsyWagon
    GypsyWagon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I contracted with my hubby to budget in $25 every time I hit a 5 pound lost mark (5, 15, 25, 35, 45) and $50 for every "decade" (10, 20, 30, 40 pounds lost). I want to lose 45 pounds total and $325 is a lot less than I've spent on two attempts with Weight Watchers...and, the money's going in my pocket this time. Plus, I get some mad money to spend on fun, goal oriented "prizes". I've bought an exercise ball and weights, a bunch of the under $5 magazine subscriptions for "Oxygen", "Natural Health", "Clean Eating" and "Whole Living". Now if only my "Rachel Ray" subscription from last year would run out. :laugh: I bought a pretty Vera Bradley gym bag that I keep packed in the car. And, a found a great pair of yoga pants at TJ Maxx, 'cause my old sweats kept falling off. :love: I'm all about "gold stars", I love a prize to keep me motivated. The $25 keeps me motivated and then I'm digging deep to get to the next "big prize" of $50. I keep an eye out for Groupons in my area for massages, facials and mani/pedis, too. So, far, I have a massage certificate for the next time I'm feeling stressed.
  • vanadia
    vanadia Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the same thing for about every 5 pounds.
    Some of my past and future rewards include:
    belt (for all my too large pants)
    makeup
    office plant
    new backpack
    workout clothes
    ice skates