gonna be a long,slow journey

kangakev
kangakev Posts: 2,430 Member
4 months in and 10kgs (22lbs) lost.....but another 60kgs to lose...a whole person. Still trying to get my head staight with food and portion control..and fighting desires to snack late at night. If i can maintain this rate of loss i estimate another 2years ahead of me. Good luck to all on this site :smile:

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I can't think in those terms. What helped me were 2 things. One, I am in this for life so that took away the long road in front of me and made me want to make it longer!! LOL...............as in live a long healthy life. I actually visualize this. I remember thinking OMG 2 YEARS forgetaboutit.............I might as well stay fat!! But when I started thinking, HEY I want to live to be 105 then it was a whole different story

2nd I bit off small chunks. Small victories make me feel good. In the beginning it was 1 week eating well, then 10 pound goal, then size whatever goal. It worked for me.

And when I fell off the wagon, bumped my head and went into a non exercising coma, MFP was waiting here for me!! (actually my friend never went away. they supported me for the 6 mo writing and joking and checking up on me!)

Good luck, we can SO do this!!:flowerforyou:
  • teasha43
    teasha43 Posts: 101
    Dont feel bad... I have about a yr if I lose at the rate I am too. I want to lose 45. I have difficulty upping exercise bc of back problems so it is a slow go. At least you will get there, don't fret. Healthier is definitely better:) Much success to ya!
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Try your best to enjoy each and every day NOW. Practice living in the moment and counting your blessings. Before you know it you'll meet your goal. Good luck to you!
  • Yes it's a long road, a life time, but the fact is IT'S WORKING! Good Job, I have lost about the same amount in the same amount of time. As long as I am seeing a pound or 2 a week I am happy. You didn't gain it overnight and will not lose it overnight. Keep going!