Gym Schedual

Options
Hey,

I am on track to losing weight, have bought a gym membership and and pretty good at sticking my cals,
The thing is once I get to the gym I dont really know how to make the most out my session?

Im 5.5FT and 154 pounds looking to loose about 30 pounds, is anyone a similar weight that cold give me some tips for what machines to use/ and how much i should spend on them?!

thanks

Replies

• FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    HI there,

I would strongly suggest booking a session with one of the trainers at your gym. You want to learn the exercises correctly in order to avoid injury and also to get the most of your weight program. Normally when you get a new gym membership, a session with a trainer is included.

Cheers!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    bodybuilding.com has routines based on sex, age, and body goals.

Starting out I'd reccommend a full body routine 3x a week. MWF works just fine.
    Then cardio on tuesdays and thursdays.
    Have the weekend off if you'd like.

Agreed that you need to have one session with someone knowledgable enough to show you how to properly use machines.
  • Vegasboricua702
    Options
    bodybuilding.com has routines based on sex, age, and body goals.

Starting out I'd reccommend a full body routine 3x a week. MWF works just fine.
    Then cardio on tuesdays and thursdays.
    Have the weekend off if you'd like.

Agreed that you need to have one session with someone knowledgable enough to show you how to properly use machines.

Couldnt of said it better myself. I'm too cheap to get a trainer. I love bodybuilding.com. I seem to be doing just fine tho.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

Couldnt of said it better myself. I'm too cheap to get a trainer. I love bodybuilding.com. I seem to be doing just fine tho.

Same here. And I've heard all of the trainer horror stories on bb.com.
    Some of those guys are idiots. I'm not paying 50 bucks a session to hear broscience. I like learning things firsthand. I learn from my mistakes, and if I have a question I ask someone in the gym who looks like they know what they're doing.
  • Vegasboricua702
    Options

Same here. And I've heard all of the trainer horror stories on bb.com.
    Some of those guys are idiots. I'm not paying 50 bucks a session to hear broscience. I like learning things firsthand. I learn from my mistakes, and if I have a question I ask someone in the gym who looks like they know what they're doing.

Same here! I just send you a request by the way. What suppliments are you on?