Am I weird? (Lady question)

Options
I always see everyone saying that they gain a ton of water weight while TOM is around. I seem to be just the opposite. I actually have my biggest loss of the month during my TOM (around 2 lbs usually). So is my body just weird, or do any other ladies on here experience this as well?

Replies

• Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    sometimes i lose, sometimes i stay the same, i've never gained though, i guess were all different :)
  • AngelaH10
    AngelaH10 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I usually gain the week before my period, but then whatever I gained plus a pound or two comes off after I get it... I hope that makes sense, lol..
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    I don't know - everyone is different I guess! I'm jealous though, I'm (still) waiting on TOM and have had those horrible hormones that increase your appetite for 6 days now!!!

At least I think it's that :grumble:
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    I gain right before and then start to lose again a few days after. I usually maintain during.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Cant say i'v ever compared weight between the two times.
    Altho i heard you like bloat out and because of it i assume you would become heavier..
    But you are like looseing substance so to speak, which theoretically would make you lighter.
    Who knows...
  • tigerlily2010
    Options
    I usually gain up to 5 lbs right before it. And the cravings drive me crazy! It usually drops off and then some within a week after, but I avoid the scale like the plague during.
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I gain the week before and.cramp like hell, but.usually back to normal during TOM
  • nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I used to go up a couple of lbs during TOM, but now that I am eating better and watching my calories, for the most part :smile: , I have noticed that I will go down a pound or two.
  • SweetBeth
    SweetBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I think most people retain water the week before during PMS. The week of is usually loss I thought, but like everyone is saying, all of our bodies are unique.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It depends on my diet. If I get out of control with sodium a couple of days before, I gain 2-3. But then a day or two after I'm down 3-5.
  • xrockinrobyn
    xrockinrobyn Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thought I was the only one! Seem to be weighing in 2-3lbs lighter than I did a few days ago despite TOM.
  • Brandie0502
    Brandie0502 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Often times I weigh more right before I start but then the following wk I'll either have lost all of that plus some or I'll have lost that & gone back to where I was before. Ive stopped weighing myself right before because I know I'll weigh more between the bloating & giving into the cravings.
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My problem is that I tend to crave chocolate and salt during my TOM. I usually lose but not very much; I haven't had a gain yet so far.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I think I'm spotting a pattern when my weight goes up when I'm ovulating - so, a week or so after my period. Then it usually drops down again a week later.
    I think we are all different!