Need Help!!

Options
I am hoping someone here may have some ideas on how to get past my plateau. I am 5'7" and 191 lbs, I have lost 8-9 lbs so far and all of a sudden it has stopped!!

I currently have an achilles tendon injury to my right foot so the treadmill is really out of the question as it hurts to walk :(

I am currently doing a diet of high protein and low carbs, my daily goals are listed below:

Calories: 1200
Carbs: 100
Protein: 100

Anyone have any advise on how I can break this pattern and break 190lbs?? At this point I am pissed an ready to give up trying!!

Replies

• bltmgray
    bltmgray Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Never give up! I was on a plateau for 3 months and couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting anywhere. I always watch what I eat and workout 5 to 7 times a week. It's going to be different for everyone, but try switching up your routine. Add weight training or switch up what you are eating. Sometime going up on your calories for a few days then going back down will shock your body back into loosing weight. What ever it is you try, NEVER give up. Just work through the plateau and remember that your body shows that you are becoming healthy in other ways besides the number on the scale! Good luck!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I am hoping someone here may have some ideas on how to get past my plateau. I am 5'7" and 191 lbs, I have lost 8-9 lbs so far and all of a sudden it has stopped!!

I currently have an achilles tendon injury to my right foot so the treadmill is really out of the question as it hurts to walk :(

I am currently doing a diet of high protein and low carbs, my daily goals are listed below:

Calories: 1200
    Carbs: 100
    Protein: 100

Anyone have any advise on how I can break this pattern and break 190lbs?? At this point I am pissed an ready to give up trying!!

Raise your carbs a little maybe to 140 . I am diabetic and was told if you don't eat enough carbs you will gain weight.
    Something about your body holding on to... can raising something? Just try it for a while.
    I have been eating 140 carbs and loosing steady for 6 months. I stay within the limits and have lost 30 lbs.