Pictures from daughters bday

Options
:cry: :sad:

Ok, so I have lost 10 lbs total so far. I know that isnt a whole lot but it is a big deal for me. I looked at pictures from my daughters bday on the 19th and I thought I would look decent in the pictures. They are HORRIFYING. I would post them but I am too embarresed. I look HUGE. It makes me just want to say forget it. Let me give the disclaimer that AF is here right now, and everything has made me cry today, but that was a HUGE blow to my self esteem. I need a pat on the back majorly.

Replies

• aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Ok, so I have lost 10 lbs total so far. I know that isnt a whole lot but it is a big deal for me. I looked at pictures from my daughters bday on the 19th and I thought I would look decent in the pictures. They are HORRIFYING. I would post them but I am too embarresed. I look HUGE. It makes me just want to say forget it. Let me give the disclaimer that AF is here right now, and everything has made me cry today, but that was a HUGE blow to my self esteem. I need a pat on the back majorly.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    A few things...

1. You have done a fantabulous job with losing 10 pounds so far! So HOORAY for you on your great progress. It beats the heck out of that other direction the scale can go!!! YOU GO GIRL! It is a big deal girlie, for all of us!

2. Just think of those pictures as your "10 pounds down" photos. It is so great to take pictures along the way!

3. You, I'm sure, don't look as bad as you think you do. We are always harder on ourselves.

4. ::pat:: ::pat:: ::pat:: It's okay.

hug.gif
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options

Whooo Hoooooo.
    10 pounds.
    Yippeee

You have a strong start. You are off and running.
    and my favorite quote "progress not perfection".

You can do this. (wolf whistles)
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    i thoroughly agree with what both posters above have said
    i'm sure you look better than what you think you do!
    and 10 pounds is quite an amazing achievement, just think about the next 10 pounds and compare those pictures when you get them
    i'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised!