Rewards

Options
So I am going to the cheescake factory for dinner tonight, because I finally lost 10 lbs! now what I WANT is one alcoholic beverage, a steak with mashed potatoes, and a piece of cheesecake...IS THAT WAY TO MUCH FOR A REWARD ALL IN ONE NIGHT?!!?

Replies

• Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    have a spirit with a diet mixer or wine with soda water, and have fun, i definately think you deserve it!
  • jchecks
    jchecks Posts: 133
    Options
    everyone might have a different opinion...but my take is that i cant deprive myself forever or else i will totally cave! if it were me...i would go for it! i would just eat really 'clean' throughout the day and make sure i got in some good exercise as well!
    enjoy! i LOOOOOOVE cheesecake factory!!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Is it really worth it? I'd choose the beverage and skip the steak, potatoes and cheesecake. But that's just me. lol
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    The steak is fine as long as it's small and grilled. Mashed potatoes I'd have a small portion of, and split a cheesecake with someone else.

And a good glass of red wine to go with the steak!

And I'd be in the gym first thing tomorrow morning.

Congrats on losing 10 lbs!
  • rizzamella
    Options
    heck no it's not!!! just remember to portion control the food :D save half for tomorrow
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    This is what I would do.Be sure to get your workout in for the day. Eat good for the rest of the day. When at dinner keep your portions in check. Eat a portion of steak a portion of potatoes, and have a drink.

As for the cheesecake, I would split with 1 or 2 of your friends/family!! Good luck!
  • ari_27
    ari_27 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on your success!!!! You have all the right to indulge a little tonight, but be careful with using food as a "reward" for weight loss..it's typically recommended that you reward yourself in other ways
  • oreyna49
    oreyna49 Posts: 152
    Options
    You can have your "cheese" cake and eat it too...just share it with a pal or two :happy:
  • rizzamella
    Options
    and dont worry.. we'll work our butts off @ ZUMBA tomorrow :D
  • Keefypoos
    Keefypoos Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    you have lost 22% of the weight you want to lose so why not treat yourself. and plan for another at 50% of the way through :-)
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    It would easily be over 1000 calories

Looking at http://www.cheesecakefactorynutrition.com/restaurant-nutrition-chart.php it looks like just the steaks themselves are almost entirely over 1k. Add mashed potatoes, dessert, and a drink and you're probably around 2000.

If you consider today a "maintenance" day (where you don't have a cal deficit at all) and you get in a good workout, I think you can potentially make the numbers work and have your reward. But would it really be worth it?
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    I got a bottle of sparkling cider waiting for when I crack 10 lbs, and I'm planning on a hair appointment for when I get to 20lbs.

I get worried about using food as a reward because it's derailed me before, but everyone is different. I might chose a different restaurant next time, The Cheesecake Factory is incredibly unhealthy, not just the cheesecake, most of their entrees are terrible.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    A 10 lb weight loss should be celebrated... sure! But just be careful, you also don't want to fall off the wagon that got you there.

When I am going out for dinner, I usually ask for a take out container to be brought with the main course. I portion out half right up front. Restaurants usually provide you twice the calories of a regular meal (both in cooking and quantity)

Start with a full glass of ice water while waiting for dinner to promote satiety. Also go with a salad or non cream style soup and a piece of bread or bread stick while waiting.

I am often approaching full by the time the main course arrives. (Yeah... big old 230 lb me... ;) )

Eating out isn't the problem... it's how you approach the meal that'll get you results!

So yes Celebrate! Congratulations on your accomplishment to date... just remember it's not a diet, its a lifestyle change.