LIARS!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• kf210763
    kf210763 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi
    I soooo know what you mean! I did do it in public in a class 3 times but have decided to leave it to those with some co-ordination. I did sweat alot and burnt some calories but did look silly.
    Have decided to stick with spinning...no co-ordination required!
  • rct1234
    rct1234 Posts: 2
    Options
    The Zumba instructor can make a world of difference! I have been to 4 seperate zumba classes and only like how 2 of the zumba instructors taught the class. My instructor is good at teaching the basic moves needed during the song, and then as you progress you pick up on the rest of the steps that are added to complete the routine. An added benefit in taking a live class is that you get to see people who are probably just as bad if not worse than you are. Of course all of the people in the video know every step by heart and can hit each move perfectly. My instructor always mention that zumba is not a dance class but your own personal workout party, so drop the inhibitions and join the party (what happens in zumba stays in zumba :-).
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I tried and tried and tried...and tried some more....Just wasn't catching on....

It was very frustrating and the opposite of what everyone else says....GOOD for you all that can keep up!!!

I hear ya!!! I have zero coordination and felt ridiculous. I wanted to like it so bad but I have a feeling I was not getting the same workout as everyone else since I couldn't even get the moves down.

The moves are coordinated to work certain muscle groups. If I am flailing like I am wearing rollerskates on an ice rink...I don't think I am getting the benefits. :laugh:
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    You will get better tho...if you have a playstation 3 you could watch/do it at a slower pace until youre feeling more co-ordinated.

The very first exercise video I did was years ago and I felt the same, the pace was too fast etc...by day 7 i was ready to go to level 2.
  • Crystel22
    Crystel22 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba for the Wii and I love it. I am not sure what the dvd's do, but the game isn't too bad. I am not the most coordinate person either, but I did get it. It also starts out on beginner and works your way up. I don't do it every day as I like to change things up a bit.

Keep trying, you will get it. Have faith in yourself!! Good luck!!!!! :)
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    OK...for all of you who said that Zumba will be fine to do EVEN IF YOU'RE A NON-DANCER AND UNCOORDINATED PERSON....SHAME on you!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not the case!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I will admit to everyone who told you that Zumba is fine to do even if you're a non-dancer is a LIAR! You do need some coordination and dance basics... But, here's the caveat - who's in you're living room watching you as you're trying it out? Do the basics dvd, keep doing it, keep trying, keep watching. And if you have to make up your own moves what the hell...GO FOR IT! Just enjoy the music and have fun, cause it's a party :)
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    P.S. do you know how many calories you'll burn just trying to do the moves over, and over, and over again until you get it? And how good you'll feel once you can go through a routine :)
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    :wink:

OK...for all of you who said that Zumba will be fine to do EVEN IF YOU'RE A NON-DANCER AND UNCOORDINATED PERSON....SHAME on you!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not the case!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I am sooooooooooo disappointed that I could not follow or keep up with the steps my Zumba DVD....

I looked completely ridiculous and would never attempt to do this in public...

Oh well...on to find another source for a high calorie burning exercise...SIGH...

PS...Obviously this topic "LIARS" was meant in jest and should not be taken literally.... :flowerforyou:

I'm laughing here because I would love to do this, but I know I have no coordination, 2 left feet and no rhythm (dunno how I ever survived marching band)! Maybe it's 2 right feet? I just don't know my feet!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I am totally uncoordinated, and the first time I tried Zumba, I laughed SO hard. I was flailing around trying to get my arms and legs (not to mention my hips) moving in the right direction. Even though I look ridiculous, I am having fun. And moving more than I have in a very long time. And laughing all of the way.

Did you know that you can burn an extra 1.3 calories / minute when you laugh? :laugh: And i need all of the help I can get!

Sorry if I misled you, but I have two left feet and really enjoy it!
  • SamiCami
    SamiCami Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is the same reason why ---mine is still in the box and has been there for the last 3 years.....you are not alone----:)
  • Lost_it
    Lost_it Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You want to learn some dance moves, get some exercise & have fun doing it try Bellydancing. There are alot of Bellydancing dvds out there.

Good Luck & keep dancing
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Arrggg I hate zumba! I find that I spend more time "trying" to do it and stumbling then I do getting a workout. If you have the Wii I highly recommend Just Dance 2! I love it so much! My daughter and I put it on and dance our butts off! I can burn an easy 300+ calories and it is FUN!
  • extreme1der
    extreme1der Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you have an XBOX or WII it breaks everything down for you---then you can do the classes on them--It really helps!!! It does take a few times to catch on, I try to do it 3 days a week! Good Luck!
  • Walking2Lose
    Walking2Lose Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. I take a Zumba class and even though I have been taking it for about 4 months I still screw up. I just laugh at myself. Most of the people in the class screw up from time to time so I don't feel bad. I am really not coordinated as well. I have a hard time doing the arm movements with the legs, but I do my best and I have a lot of fun doing it too! I used to take country line dance lessons and screwed up a bunch of times and maybe that is why I feel comfortable taking classes in public. I hope you continue with it. I have thought about buying the dvds, but I get so much more from the classes.
  • Walking2Lose
    Walking2Lose Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba for the Wii and I love it. I am not sure what the dvd's do, but the game isn't too bad. I am not the most coordinate person either, but I did get it. It also starts out on beginner and works your way up. I don't do it every day as I like to change things up a bit.

Keep trying, you will get it. Have faith in yourself!! Good luck!!!!! :)

I have the Zumba for the Wii but haven't tried it yet. Glad to hear that you like it. It's always nice to hear positive reviews.
  • vxg5
    vxg5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I take zumbia at the gym... with lots of people who are uncoordniated and can"t keep up but we give each other encouragement to stick with it... if you like it please don"t give it up! Keep doing it in the privacy of your home and have fun!!!!!!! relaxs and have fun :)
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I thought about buying ZUMBA, because some people said, it was so great. Already have YOUR SHAPE, which is a lot of fun for me. But then I checked out some videos of ZUMBA (Kinect) in the Internet and thought, that it looks so stupid, it is not even a real dance you learn there, its just shaking your body all over the place, with no rhythm. My mother in law loves it, even though, she can't follow the moves. I used to dance classical dances and rock'n roll, but ZUMBA??? No thanks.

"Not a real dance you learn" and "just shaking your body all over the place, with no rhythm". Actually, the 4 basic dances are Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia and Reggaeton. In addition, some instructors add Hip Hop, Samba, Axe, Belly Dance, Quebradita, Bhangra, Bollywood, Tango, Flamenco, I could go on. Zumba isn't just physical fitness, it's also mental/emotional fitness. Look at how many people commented that they laughed during class. It feels great to laugh! Yes, some shaking happens during Zumba, but actual basic steps are taught and it is one heck of a party :wink:
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I feel exactly the same way!! lol. I'm the stereotypical white girl with no rhythm that CANNNOT catch onto those damn fast zumba moves no matter what I do! And most importantly it makes me feel stupid doing it because I know how silly I look! (and I figure if you're doing moves like that you should FEEL SEXY- part of the reason for enjoying doing it right?)
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    zumba sucks!!... looks very lame
    just dance your butt off to your own moves...
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    In my defense I did warn you that it might take 6-8 weeks to get the hang of it. :flowerforyou: I was already pretty good with the dancing, rhythm, and choreography because of cheerleading in high school and it still took me some time to get it and be good at it. One you get the basic moves down you're all good because they repeat themselves a lot. I say don't give up on it... keep trying!!!