Pink Slime...what's in your burger?

Options
13»

Replies

• carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Please ask your local supermarked if THEY use pink slime too - Most do. Safeway, Weis, Giant, SuperWalmart, BJ's, Costco ... all of them mix it in. A group of us went to our local private-owned market and asked if they used it (they did) and then asked them to stop (they did). They ran an ad in the local paper two weeks ago advertising no pink slime and said the feedback has been so positive they will not use it any longer. So glad we had the local option.
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    This is one of the reasons I am happy I am a hunter. I know my hamburgers are 100% fresh venison with no added anything.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Please ask your local supermarked if THEY use pink slime too - Most do. Safeway, Weis, Giant, SuperWalmart, BJ's, Costco ... all of them mix it in. A group of us went to our local private-owned market and asked if they used it (they did) and then asked them to stop (they did). They ran an ad in the local paper two weeks ago advertising no pink slime and said the feedback has been so positive they will not use it any longer. So glad we had the local option.

You are all misinformed and its pathetic you just swallow up the disinformation. Read what I posted just a few minutes ago
    http://beefisbeef.com/2012/03/15/top-7-myths-of-pink-slime/
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    We purchase our meat on the hoof, know how it is raised and it is processed by a local butcher shop. We are very picky when it comes to our food products.
  • rubbyk
    rubbyk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have bought local grass fed beef from a meat market for a couple of years now. I never bought it out of fear of what is in the meat at the grocery store I buy it because it tastes better. My brother in law has even commented when he comes to our house that now he gets good burger. I used to buy a half a cow at a time but with the price of beef so high and not wanting to eat so much beef I have quit doing that.
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    This is one of the reasons I am happy I am a hunter. I know my hamburgers are 100% fresh venison with no added anything.

And unfortunately we can only go "shopping" two weeks a year =)
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    SirBen, thats why I now bohunt too, plus you always have fishing season :-) Nothing like fresh fish!
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    SirBen, thats why I now bohunt too, plus you always have fishing season :-) Nothing like fresh fish!

I always keep telling myself to learn the bow, but I never get around to it. Right on regarding fish.