Pasta Sauce???

Options
allison7922
allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
Making Tortellini tonight and not really sure what kind of sauce to use/make? Any one have any healthy sauce ideas? THANKS!

Replies

• biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Anytime I'm eating pasta, I use Classico Basil Pesto Sauce... I love it. Not sure how healthy it is, but it taste good.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Yes. Use a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes. Roast some asparagus before hand. Toss the cooked asparagus, diced tomatoes, and a few fresh basil leaves. You can also use some dried garlic. You can also throw in some cooked chicken if you have it and serve this over whole wheat pasta. This is a very easy pasta dish--and healthy too!
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Toss and warm in a fry ban with olive oil btw. :) Great served over any pasta really. If you don't like asparagus you can leave it out.
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    if you are looking for more of a low calorie butter or cream sauce idea... melt a Tbs of light butter with a wedge or two of laughing cow cheese, add a little water to thin if you like and add whatever seasonings you like. I love Mrs. dash (sodium free ;) and creole or cajun seasoning with black pepper and top with reduced fat parmesian cheese
  • Onesnap
    Options
    You're welcome. I made it for some very picky eaters this week!! (my parents while I was visiting them).
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    1/2 pound ground grass finished beef
    ½ pound hot Italian sausage
    1 can tomato paste, sugar free
    3 cans tomato sauce, sugar free
    ½ med yellow onion
    5 cloves garlic
    1 Tbls oregano
    1Tbls Basil
    1 tsp red pepper flakes

Chop onion, mince garlic, brown meat, mix everything together in big pot, cover and simmer for a couple hours.
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    if you are looking for more of a low calorie butter or cream sauce idea... melt a Tbs of light butter with a wedge or two of laughing cow cheese, add a little water to thin if you like and add whatever seasonings you like. I love Mrs. dash (sodium free ;) and creole or cajun seasoning with black pepper and top with reduced fat parmesian cheese

Yum