Women ONLY!!! Have you had a breast reduction?

Options
2»

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Like a couple of other's here I would strongly suggest you lose the weight before you do the reduction. If all goes right you might just need a lift in the end. I went down a bra size after I lost 25 lbs. Sucks for me, not blessed up top, LOL. I have had two very good friends get reductions and then went on to lose weight. One of them is nearly flat now and the other is a lot smaller than she wanted. Both wish they would have waited.

I agree to wait and see how the weight loss impacts you.

At 15, my sister's size increased back to a DD or more.
    Mine were reduced to a C and grew back into D.
    Losing weight never touched our cup sizes.

It would suck to lose weight and have them shrink to nothing though :frown:
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I had one!!!! Best thing I ever did!!!

Here's a little bit of my story... I was large breasted and in a 32C in 5th grade. By high school I was 115 pounds and a 36DDD. College came along and I was a 36EE. At 19 my back had started to curve and I was getting dents in my shoulders and had chronic lower back pain. Since my Mom had had one as well, she took me to the same doctor and he recommende we do it then. I was 130 pounds and 19 years old. They took just over 5 pounds off my chest and I ended up being a 36B/C!!!! I was SOOOOO happy! Now after 20 years and 2 kids and gaining and losing the same 40 pounds a million times, they are still pretty good! I'm happily a 34C currently and love that I have a little cleavage but nothing heavy or hard to fit. The recovery wasn't hard, not fun by any means, but I did it over the summer so I didn't have to miss school and nobody really noticed at first, they all just thought I lost weight! I told them, yes, I lost 5 pounds!!! LOL! I was not able to breastfeed, literally never got any milk at all, but I was warned that would happen. I still had two of the most healthy,, happy well-adjusted boys ever who are now teenagers and I don't regret my decision to do this for one minute! At the time my parent's insurance covered it, but I have no idea what the rules are now.

I would also recommend being at or very close to your goal weight as I have known girls who have done it and then lost a bunch of weight and found themselves too small! Not something you want after being large for so long! That being said, I have plenty of friends who have done it and are very happy, as I am!!!! Good luck in your decision!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I love looking at before and after pictures of weight loss. Here and other sites as well. One thing I always notice is how large the top starts and what is left when the weight is lost. Sometimes you just wonder where they went??? :) How they could start so large and end up being normal.
    I would most definitely wait until the weight was lost if you could, just to see what is actually going to be there.
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Question to those who shrank "naturally" were they "saggy" or did they tone up with your body?

Mine were a tad saggy at first, but I think a lot of that had to do with how fast I lost most of the weight and the fact I was pregnant and/pr breastfeeding for 2 yrs prior to losing the weight, so it all went out of that area pretty quickly. Now, I am not as saggy anymore and they keep getting firmer as time goes on.
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I was recently told that no matter how much weight you lose your boobs wont get below what you were around age 18 - so if you had big boobs then you still will after losing weight.

I had my reduction 14 years ago - best thing I ever did. It is painful but as long as your rest and give it time to heal it will be good. Ive put weight on since having it and they got a little bigger and now im losing it again they have almost got back to post surgery size - which Im happy with still. I hated them being big!
  • jlpdelorme
    jlpdelorme Posts: 44
    Options
    I am 33 years old and just had my breast reduction 13 days ago. I can already tell you that I don't regret a thing. I was spilling out of a 36DD and the were NOT perky at all. I was getting headaches and major neck pain when I worked out (zumba). I had thought about it for years but the neck pain really made me do it. The PS was skeptical that insurance would cover it because he thought I really needed a lift vs reduction. BUT, a reduction includes a lift and insurance approved it. I already LOVE them. It was virtually pain free!! I think I will end up a small C and it is perfect for me. I had just lost 32 lbs but that didn't help any with the sagging. Feel free to email me with any questions. You will read lots of horror stories on the internet but the surgery and recovery have been great for me!