What's up with that?

Options
I started out with my goals at losing 1 pound a week (recommended), and was successful, losing on average 1.3 pounds per week. Thrilled, I changed my goals to 1 1/2 pounds per week and found that even if I stayed under on my calories, I wasn't as successful. When I go back to 1 pound per week, I lose more. Apparently when I eat more, and drink more, I lose more weight.

I generally eat back my exercise calores, so nothing has changed there. My activity level has stayed the same, as has my general exercies (I don't work out much at all). I'm perfectly fine losing 1 pound per week, but not less than that which is what happens when I change my goals.

Apparently when I eat more, and drink more, I lose more weight. What's up with that?

Replies

• cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It's simple: your body needs to be fueled to burn fat!
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I would be so happy to have the problem :laugh: But I understand the confusion, WTHeck?!?! But congrats on progress!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    It's simple: your body needs to be fueled to burn fat!

Yep, that's it. I've heard a lot of people say the same thing. People think you have to eat nothing and exercise all day, but healthy weight lose means keeping your body fueled. Doing less will put your body into the dreaded "starvation mode".