Do you drink a protein shake before or after working out/wal

Options
2»

Replies

• danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    AFTER! & soy protein mix with almond milk taste great! unfortunately, it's sweentened. I have to start drinking the unsweentened almond milk...
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    Options
    bump
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    - 2 cups washed spinach, ripped up (it blends completely and you don't taste it but you are getting tons of veggies and minerals!)

CLEVER!!!! Totally going to do this! Thx :bigsmile:
  • Pheef52
    Pheef52 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I would also like to start drinking protein shakes BUT they always make me feel nauseaous after. any ideas?

It may be the kind of protein drink or mix that you are using or what you are mixing it with? Have you tried multiple kinds and got the same results?
  • ChristinaMarie85
    ChristinaMarie85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I appreciate all your feedback. This really helped! I love this site! lol
  • jmafte
    jmafte Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm not a a big protein shake drinker right now, but I've heard arguments saying that anything you put in your body before a work out will still be under digestion after a work out as well (which technically is true) unless you're working out for 4 or 5 hours at a time. The basic logic behind was the same thing as, you can't have a car with an empty tank, drive it around for an hour, and then fuel it up. But you can fill up a car, and drive it around for an hour and still have fuel left. This article was a body building site though. It's a an interesting take on it, and it makes sense. In this same article it suggested that breakfast was even more important than a post work out meal.
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I drink mine right after and make it with Silk Almond Milk- Chocolate flavor with crushed ice or frozen coffee ice cubes and blend it into a Protein Frappe. I find that it really helps muscle recovery and keeps me from having muscle soreness and charlie horses.

love this idea