zumba for wii

krg7
krg7 Posts: 15
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey! Does anyone play zumba on the wii? N if so have u seen results???

Replies

• kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    I love Zumba for the wii and i have lost 31.5 pounds along with the diet but exercising is whats really helping me !
  • MirandaDeCrane
    MirandaDeCrane Posts: 78 Member
    I use it for the PS3 Move and love it. It is so much fun! I feel as if it is a good, quick cardio and really gets my HR up. I've been doing it daily for 5 days. Not quite seeing results yet, but I do feel better and have alot more energy!

Miranda
  • krg7
    I've been playing also.. the 20 min or 45 min classes?
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Those of you who have it... is it better than just dance? I was kind of disappointed with that one. There is a lot of down time between songs and I had to do jumping jacks in between just to get my heart rate up.I really wanted the zumba one but they were out of it when I went to get it so I got just dance
  • MisMolly
    MisMolly Posts: 88 Member
    I got zumba for the wii for my birthday and really like it. It is fun and burns calories quick. I added it to my routine at about the same time (almost four weeks ago) I started using MFP and have lost 7 lbs since then.
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    I have it, but I seem to be out of sync with it, I just cant move the way they do, so I havent really seen any results. sorry. but I have seen results with Wii Fit Plus!!
  • MisMolly
    MisMolly Posts: 88 Member
    Those of you who have it... is it better than just dance? I was kind of disappointed with that one. There is a lot of down time between songs and I had to do jumping jacks in between just to get my heart rate up.I really wanted the zumba one but they were out of it when I went to get it so I got just dance

I have only played just dance once and we (a girlfriend and I were taking turns competing with her stepdaughter) were just playing around, not really trying to workout so the downtime didn't bother me. With Zumba, you can do single routines (like 5 min each) or classes (20 or 45 min with varying difficulty levels) or Zumba party (Idk I haven't used that one). In the classes the pace stays pretty constant...only a few seconds between songs. The only thing I don't like about it is the tutorials: I am not very coordinated so I thought they would help me get the hang of the steps, but I feel like they start out oversimplifying the step and then jump to too complicated and too quick all at once.
  • krg7
    Its not much time in btwn. Constant workout!
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    i just got it for the kinect today did 20 mins of the single routines i have no coordination but found it a great work out, been reading the information that came with it and will be trying the classes for a more continuous workout
  • I just got Zumba for the xbox kinect and love it already...looking forward to seeing how many calories i'm burning once my HRM comes in
  • focusedfrances
    focusedfrances Posts: 42 Member
    Just got mine tonight! I been doing great with the Wii Fit and I am hoping that this will be complimentary to that.
This discussion has been closed.