Where were you 2 years ago?

Dmonique85
Dmonique85 Posts: 112
edited September 26 in Success Stories
Two years ago I was about 56 lbs heavier...and trying to cut calories by eating bagels with cream cheese & strawberry jam (low sugar mind you) for breakfast (LOL). I am sooooo grateful for how far I have come & so excited that I am getting closer everyday to my goals. How about you?

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    I was back up to about 240 after getting down to 210 at one point. One year ago is when I made the decision to do something about it and really start exercising again.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    my little girl would have been 3 months old and i was about 160-162lbs whilst on mat leave!
  • labgirl3
    labgirl3 Posts: 171 Member
    Great post - I was at my heaviest, or close to it - around 220 lbs.

I hope to be maintaining my goal weight two years from now!
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    I was eating for lunch - a whole personal pizza AND a salad, a whole burritto, a whole sandwich, then going home and making dinner and eating rice every single night and NOT working out at all... I was fat ,miserable and lonely...

Now...I'm eating so much better, excercising and ... DATING! WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!

L
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    197 pounds and size 16 and not caring totally unfit! Now I am in amazing shape I have lost over 50lbs and gained lots of muscle! Size 6 baby!
  • MeekMeals
    MeekMeals Posts: 517 Member
    Two years ago I was sitting in the same chair at the same job clicking on the same keyboard. Wasnt on MFP tho! LOL!! Also, me and my "boo" were all newly bunned up, so we were going out EATING, DRINKING and getting SWOLE!! LOL.

This was a good post!

Thanks!
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 209 Member
    I was about 15 to 20 lbs heavier than I am now!
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    2 years ago, I was toting around an 8 month old, being lazy, and still eating like I was preggers!
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    I was at my heaviest, 290, working in a group home. I wasn't seeing anybody and it was before my first child was born. Since then I have lost 26 pounds, 10 of which was just in the last month. I now am in Grad School and have a beautiful baby boy and a wonderful man.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Two years ago…I was just beginning to feel like myself again after many months of lingering health problems following my daughter’s birth and an emergency surgery to save my life. I was deeply hateful of my body and all the ways it looked and felt different. And it would be almost another two years before I began to separate who I was from the way my body appeared. In the mean time, I would gain at least 15 pounds.
  • I was 7 months preggers and stuffing my face, now I am here hoping to lose those 20lbs of "baby love" fat plus the extra 60lbs. of "whoas me" fat.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    2yrs ago I was about 50lbs heavier, bitter, didn't want to be around anyone. I hate what pregnancy had did to me both physically and mentally. Still have 10-16lbs I would like to lose but I am so much better than where I was 2 yrs ago
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    2 Years ago I was 198lbs with PPD laid off,

October 09 is when I decided to do something about it.

today I am 154 and counting.
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    2 years ago I was half way through my 2nd pregnancy which i made it up to about 190/200 lbs with. I honestly stopped looking. I know I gained at least 50 lbs. Did the same thing with my first too. Anyway...I now just realized that I have surpassed my starting weight with my 2nd pregnancy! I started that one at 140 lbs, and today I weighed in at 133 lbs!!! WooHoo! I am ultimately trying to get to where I started my 1st pregnancy at though which was 125/130.
  • JenniCH
    JenniCH Posts: 74
    2 years ago... hmmm I was about 92 lbs heavier and MISERABLE each & every day because I was consumed by self-hatred for what I did to my own body.
    Today, I can look back and realize how far I have come (mainly within the last year alone) and know with confidence that I will never, ever, ever go back to that dark place... My life is completely different now -- my health, my relationships, my outlook everything and I am just so glad that I was able to grow as a person and realize that I was destroying my body for no good reason.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    3 months pregnant.... weighing in the 150's
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    1 year ago I was in this same job, administering standardized testing, typing on the same computer, walking sporadically for exercise, overeating, and a US size 14. I've been here since July, and am now a size 6 and taking yoga 4x a week in addition to walking. My eating habits have improved, though perusing my "most recent" lists suggests I've still a salty/crunchy problem...
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    I was 4 months pregnant and struggling to eat enough...
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    350 lbs and the most miserable I have ever been in my life..........truly ashamed, and afraid of going to the Dr because of my weight.........another great post.......thanks, it makes me know where I came from, so I wont return..........Lloyd
  • April 2008:
    I was about 10-15lbs heavier then I am now (185ish). I was in the midst of finishing up my thesis on the Allied Campaign in Sicily during WWII and I was surviving the beginning months of my husband's year long deployment.

Oye how things have changed. I mean in 2 years, I have lost 15 lbs and moved to a foreign country and then back to the US. Now we are about to move to our second foreign country.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!