Needs to know that she can do it

Options
Hello everyone, i'm back on this site after having not been on here for two months! I weigh about 212 pounds right now and my goal weight is to be at 150 and I just can't seem to think that it's possible! I've struggled with my weight for so long and I find that even if I work so hard.. that scale doesn't go down!! I just need some support and some wise words from people who might have felt the same way. I'm a 5'10 girl and pretty what we call "big boned"... but now that i've found the perfect man.. i don't want to be that boney girl on my wedding day! I've started going to the gym around 4-5 times a week and watching what I eat but I just need some different ideas or success stories to keep me going!

Thanks

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Take a class that you LOVE. For example, you can sign up for the Groupon in your area and every now and then they have one for some sort of fitness class in your area that is at a killer price. I find that if you LOVE the teacher you will like the class. It does not matter what type of fitness class it is. Go with whatever you're passionate about. Even Zumba or something crazy. Another tip is to get a dance game for your Wii or XBox if you have one. :)
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and started at 210. I am down now to 175! I haven't been below 185 in 10 years. You can do this. I started out by doing an hour of walking every weekday and watching portions. Didn't find MFP until 5months in, but think I would be further if I had found this sooner. Just use your self-control and don't expect it to happen overnight. There have been times in the last 7 months when I would stall for weeks. Just kept with it.

Good luck on your journey :smile:
  • mak112388
    mak112388 Posts: 50
    Options
    You can do it!
    Track all your calories on here and make sure you exercise!
    Add lots of friends on here for extra support bc that helps a lot!
    If you work hard and have faith in yourself you can do anything :smile:
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Think about the wedding dress your gonna buy....You'll want them to alter it by taking it in a few before the big day. So focus Hun.
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    you can do it. I am 5'8 and am 'big boned' please feel free to friend me and I am also friends with Nicol.

friend motivation is very important