what happens when you finish?

Options
I know this is totally jumping the gun, but it's been on my mind so I want to ask so I can stop stressing about it.

What happens when you have met your goal here? Do you just sort of drop off the planet and you are done? Do you keep the calorie deficit or change it? When you've lost a little weight do you go in and change your info and whatnot?

Either way, once you finish, what happens?

Replies

• bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    I know this is totally jumping the gun, but it's been on my mind so I want to ask so I can stop stressing about it.

What happens when you have met your goal here? Do you just sort of drop off the planet and you are done? Do you keep the calorie deficit or change it? When you've lost a little weight do you go in and change your info and whatnot?

• shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    once you're done with the weight you wanted to lose then you go back into your goals and switch it to maintainance. you'll be eating 250-1000 more cals/day based on what you had it set to be losing/wk. (.5 - 2lbs). that'll be great !! :flowerforyou:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I change my info about every ten pounds. As you lose weight, you'll need fewer calories, and you'll also burn fewer calories.

I plan on sticking around MFP for a while after I meet my goal to help with maintenance. My ultimate goal is to make healthy choices on my own so I won't need MFP to make me aware of what I'm putting into my body.
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My plan is to keep the log so I stay accountable. When you reach your goal and go to goals and put maintain and it will tell you how many calories you can have a day and I'm going to go with what it tells me. I probably will add another 20 lbs to my goal once it reach the original one so it will still be a while till I get there :smile:

Once you enter your new weight under "check in" it changes it for you :wink: Hope this answered your question :smile:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I change my info about every ten pounds. As you lose weight, you'll need fewer calories, and you'll also burn fewer calories.

I plan on sticking around MFP for a while after I meet my goal to help with maintenance. My ultimate goal is to make healthy choices on my own so I won't need MFP to make me aware of what I'm putting into my body.

Could you tell me where and why you change you info? Mine changes automatically for the "GOALS" area on this website. You are doing such a great job girlie! Congrats to you!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options

Great question! It will be time for maintenance...Everyone has some great answers going here!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I have sort of been on maintenance this summer, and been eating around 1800 calories (2200+ when I do a workout, depending on cals burned) for the past few weeks, and voila - nothing gained! I was pretty worried. You can live a rather "normal" life with healthy foods most of the time, and a cocktail or dessert here and there.
    :flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I still visit the site daily/don't use the fooud journal on this site but still write down everything I wat so I am accountable... and have maintained my 27 pound weight loss since May...
    I increased my cals to 2000 per day (I walk on the treadmill 30-24 min daily...don't go to the gym)
    I also weight in every week and usually go up 1 pound, down a pound etc...I'm ok with that :)

Good luck, kim