HELP!!!!!

Options
My sister is coming in from out of town, and we are all going ou to the california pizza kitchen for dinner. Anyone have suggestions to help me not go over my calorie limit?

Replies

• carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    thin crust, lots of veggies.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with what they have but maybe ask for thin crust, light cheese and load up on the veggies instead of fatty meats?!
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Ask to split a salad and pizza? After all, if your sister is visiting, you should enjoy it :) and maybe go for a walk after to catch up?
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    skip the appetizers and mixed drinks. You'll do fine. Remember, this is the type of meal that you share!!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi....I agree about thin crust and choose veggies over meat toppings and either no cheese or very little cheese. A green salad would be great with dressing on the side and no bread. Hope you enjoy your dinner;)
  • KeyMasterOfGozer
    KeyMasterOfGozer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead. Punch in your order ahead of time (in MFP) and do some exercise to make up the extra calories.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Here's their nutritional information:

http://www.cpk.com/menu/pdfs/nutrition.pdf

Good luck and enjoy!
  • goatstew
    goatstew Posts: 50
    Options
    You could always check the database for what menu items are listed and plan it in, or go to the website for the company and look at the nutritional info and add it in yourself if it's not there. I always like to do this before eating out, then I know exactly what I'm having and how it will work into my day. Good luck!
  • dismanteld
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS! THESE ARE THE CHALLENGES THAT YOU ARE PREPARING YOURSELF FOR!!
  • smketchum
    smketchum Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Go online and check the nutritional info. They have nutritional info for their entire menu, I believe. Last time I went I had a wedge salad and split a pizza with my hubby. That was a workout day for me, so I had extra exercise calories to burn so I didn't go over. It's all about planning. Enjoy!
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    I agree, thin crust and veggies. And WATER ONLY! Dont drink your calories!
    Have fun and enjoy.... mmmm, pizza
  • tuscaroragal
    tuscaroragal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If I am planning to go out to eat, I review the menu online (if it's available) and then put in my meal in MFP before I even go out. That way, I know what I can eat and I enjoy going out vs. dreading that I am making a mistake. Have a great time! :)