Replies

• SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels and The Biggest Loser both have good dvd's, they are inexpensive and can be picked up just about anywhere. Turbo Fire is also great but it's a bit pricey and you have to order it online.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Definitely 30 Day Shred. Hip Hop Abs is a ton of fun. I like Leslie Sansome's Walk Away The Pounds too but it's more for beginners.
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have a Leslie Sansone walk at home DVD and I love it. I have the 5 miles in an hour one but there are a bunch. I definatly gets my heart rate up and no equipment needed.
  • amymunn
    amymunn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    30 day shred!
    im doin it right now and its kickin my butt! lol. its only like 9 bucks at wal mart and all you need is some hand weights. super simple but yet good, thorough workout! :]
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I love my bob harper video's... and I am hoping to do insanity soon!
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    I agree with the Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds. I have the five mile and the ultimate collection that has a one mile, two mile, thee mile, and a four mile super challenge. Not all of her videos are for beginners..They are a lot of fun and you sweat like crazy..With my HRM I burn over 500 calories in the 5 mile walk.
    I also have Biggest Loser 30 Jump Start and 30 Day shred..
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I've never had a gym membership and have done it all on my own. In addition to my "library" of DVD's I also have a treadmill (for use all winter) and once the weather improves, enjoy heading outside for a brisk walk/jog, or to go and hit some stairs somewhere or a good hike.
    The trick to adding exercise to your life is to do something your enjoy. That will keep you coming back for more!
  • TamiHudson
    TamiHudson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30; 30 Day Shred; Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. Just about anything Jillian is worth your money. :smile:
  • crissa413
    crissa413 Posts: 67
    Options
    30 day shred!! and jillian has a new dvd out called ripped in 30 that's awesome too :)
  • carrie145
    Options
    By the way, the Leslie Sansone five mile walk is free on you tube. It is in 5 12 minute parts, plus a six minute stretch and cool down...
  • mynameisnotlisa
    mynameisnotlisa Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies! Makes me feel lame, but it helped me lose 60 pounds (before I gained it all back and more). It's easy, fun, and I like it cos unlike Zumba and others, there are normal sized people dancing in the video. :)
  • carrie145
    Options
    I've never had a gym membership and have done it all on my own. In addition to my "library" of DVD's I also have a treadmill (for use all winter) and once the weather improves, enjoy heading outside for a brisk walk/jog, or to go and hit some stairs somewhere or a good hike.
    The trick to adding exercise to your life is to do something your enjoy. That will keep you coming back for more!

That's great! Awesome job! I agree, if the workout isn't fun, I find it hard to do!
  • arosegeo
    arosegeo Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies! Makes me feel lame, but it helped me lose 60 pounds (before I gained it all back and more). It's easy, fun, and I like it cos unlike Zumba and others, there are normal sized people dancing in the video. :)

i love sweatin to the oldies i have 1 and 2
  • Barbie2shoes
    Options
    Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30...OMG...excellent workout, doesn't take a lot of your time but amazing results. I usually do each week for 2 weeks so that she can start off kickin my butt but by the end of the 2 weeks I can get through it all. Love it.